Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Product Design Specification Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Product Design Specification related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Product Design Specification specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Product Design Specification Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 995 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Product Design Specification improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 995 standard requirements:
- Are you tired of never having consistent product data that is readily available to all team members as well as your extended enterprise working on a single product design?
- How do you incorporate product design, architecture, engineering, risk reduction, budgeting and offshoring into agile/lean while preserving experimentation and adaptation?
- How are the different actors in a design team nowadays interacting and setting the stage for creative collaboration in the development of new concepts and products?
- Does your organization have a system in place to ensure that no changes to the product design or quality requirements will occur without customer approval?
- What are the competitive advantage in terms of the unique resources, target segment, product design, production process and value added in the network?
- Is there need for new specialization, a subfield of service design next to product design, interaction design, experience design, systems design, etc?
- Do product design and marketing offer greater scope for innovation and learning by doing and thus for productivity growth than product assembly?
- Has the project team clearly articulated the product concept in sufficient detail to enable product design and development processes to begin?
- What records do you have showing that product design personnel are competent to design and are skilled in the identified tools and techniques?
- How can potential challenges during new product development projects be mitigated through information sharing between internal stakeholders?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Product Design Specification book in PDF containing 995 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Product Design Specification self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Product Design Specification Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Product Design Specification areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Product Design Specification Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Product Design Specification projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Product Design Specification Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Product Design Specification project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Network Diagram: Will crashing x weeks return more in benefits than it costs?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: How relevant is this attribute to this Product Design Specification project or audit?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are there any activities or deliverables being added or gold-plated that could be dropped or scaled back without falling short of the original requirement?
- Project Scope Statement: What is the most common tool for helping define the detail?
- Scope Management Plan: Have Product Design Specification project team accountabilities & responsibilities been clearly defined?
- Risk Management Plan: Does the Product Design Specification project have the authority and ability to avoid the risk?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is an industry recognized support tool(s) being used for Product Design Specification project scheduling & tracking?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What is the shortest possible time it will take to complete this Product Design Specification project?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Do you have specific methods that you use for each phase of the process?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Are procurement deliverables arriving on time and to specification?
Step-by-step and complete Product Design Specification Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Product Design Specification project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Product Design Specification project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Product Design Specification project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Product Design Specification project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Product Design Specification project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Product Design Specification project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Product Design Specification project with this in-depth Product Design Specification Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Product Design Specification projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Product Design Specification and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Product Design Specification investments work better.
This Product Design Specification All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.