Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical SDLC Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any SDLC related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated SDLC specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the SDLC Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 993 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which SDLC improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 993 standard requirements:
- Are software quality activities performed throughout the software development life cycle to evaluate product and process compliance with plans, practices and implementing procedures?
- Is there an established SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) in place which supports the privacy and security by design principal through each stage of the project lifecycle?
- Do negotiating skills and the implementation of a negotiation process within the generic Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) positively affect information systems delivery?
- Which software development life cycles is a methodology that divides the project into phases, and the project manager focuses on control of time, cost, and scope?
- Are you following best practices, including documenting your software methodologies and the acquisition life-cycle needs in the software development plan?
- Is the process of defining, implementing, and monitoring security an iterative cycle throughout the development and maintenance lifecycle of the software?
- Is the security provided to equipment used outside business premises similar to / same as that offered to equipment used inside the business premises?
- Does your organization encourage the vendor to follow software development standards for trustworthy software throughout the development life cycle?
- Are there established application-level reviews, a defined Software Development Life Cycle process, and change notification and release management?
- What systems development life cycle (SDLC) controls should be considered for technology implementation projects or significant system upgrades?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the SDLC book in PDF containing 993 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your SDLC self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the SDLC Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which SDLC areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough SDLC Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage SDLC projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step SDLC Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 SDLC project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Variance Analysis: How are variances affected by multiple material and labor categories?
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group: What areas does the group agree are the biggest success on the SDLC project?
- Cost Baseline: What is your organizations history in doing similar tasks?
- Executing Process Group: What factors are contributing to progress or delay in the achievement of products and results?
- Schedule Management Plan: Have all involved SDLC project stakeholders and work groups committed to the SDLC project?
- Scope Management Plan: How will scope changes be identified and classified?
- Variance Analysis: How do you evaluate the impact of schedule changes, work around, et?
- Formal Acceptance: What lessons were learned about your SDLC project management methodology?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Are records maintained to show how undistributed budgets are controlled?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: How will you engage this stakeholder and gain commitment?
Step-by-step and complete SDLC Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 SDLC project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 SDLC project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 SDLC project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 SDLC project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 SDLC project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 SDLC project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any SDLC project with this in-depth SDLC Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose SDLC projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in SDLC and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make SDLC investments work better.
This SDLC All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.