Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical ServiceNow Reporting Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any ServiceNow Reporting related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated ServiceNow Reporting specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the ServiceNow Reporting Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 991 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which ServiceNow Reporting improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 991 standard requirements:
- Does the overall management of critical response and recovery include alternate and diverse means of communications in the event standard communication channels are unavailable?
- Do you have real time visibility into your security posture, in terms of status and activities, that are directly related to the most critical applications in your environment?
- What if all departments could be united under a single service management platform that improves service delivery and serves the particular needs of each department?
- Have you ever worked feverishly to prepare for a software audit only to be slowed by the lack of a definitive list of discovered publishers, products, and versions?
- What information would you need to share between ServiceNow and other tools in order to resolve failures/delays and/or add value to how DevOps teams are doing work?
- Does your provider confidently recommend total solution systems covering site surveys to system integration to customer support and all points in between?
- Do the standards you have put in place for group access, naming, or metadata limit your ability to extend the platform to other use cases or functions?
- Does your migration path have a solution system to handle analog to IP and designed to fit your sites security footprint today AND tomorrow?
- How would existing processes on ServiceNow need to change for you to make effective use of the information pulled from other tools?
- Does each standalone component fulfill an identity management capability and contain its own reporting and auditing services?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the ServiceNow Reporting book in PDF containing 991 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your ServiceNow Reporting self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the ServiceNow Reporting Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which ServiceNow Reporting areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough ServiceNow Reporting Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage ServiceNow Reporting projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step ServiceNow Reporting Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 ServiceNow Reporting project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Executing Process Group: Are the necessary foundations in place to ensure the sustainability of the results of the programme?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: How are the overall ServiceNow Reporting project development processes to be undertaken to produce the ServiceNow Reporting project outputs?
- Cost Management Plan: Are trade-offs between accepting the risk and mitigating the risk identified?
- Procurement Audit: Are all mutilated and voided checks retained for proper accounting of pre-numbered checks?
- Project Scope Statement: Once its defined, what is the stability of the ServiceNow Reporting project scope?
- Project Charter: What is the most common tool for helping define the detail?
- Procurement Audit: Are staff members evaluated in accordance with the terms of existing negotiated agreements?
- Network Diagram: What is the lowest cost to complete this ServiceNow Reporting project in xx weeks?
- Procurement Audit: Do the internal control systems function appropriate?
- Risk Audit: What impact does experience with one client have on decisions made for other clients during the risk-assessment process?
Step-by-step and complete ServiceNow Reporting Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 ServiceNow Reporting project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 ServiceNow Reporting project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 ServiceNow Reporting project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 ServiceNow Reporting project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 ServiceNow Reporting project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 ServiceNow Reporting project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any ServiceNow Reporting project with this in-depth ServiceNow Reporting Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose ServiceNow Reporting projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in ServiceNow Reporting and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make ServiceNow Reporting investments work better.
This ServiceNow Reporting All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.