Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Teamcenter Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Teamcenter related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Teamcenter specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Teamcenter Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Teamcenter improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- How do you improve the productivity of your new product development process so it can operate at a faster clock rate, deliver better and more constant product quality and minimize lifecycle costs?
- How is the analyst to choose between a theoretically biodegradable product manufactured by a dirty process and a non-biodegradable product whose manufacturing process is relatively clean?
- What are the broad-based, life-cycle benefits in energy and resource use, operational cost savings, asset value, productivity of tenant businesses, and sustainable community development?
- What alternatives are available, what life cycle stage is the technology/product in, and what resources are available to be allocated to the new product and process technologies?
- What is the product category, its background, development, technology, stage in adoption and diffusion, and product life cycle, and where are corresponding variables heading?
- What stage of the product life cycle is characterized by information directed toward middlemen, extensive research and development, and lack of profits?
- Have special material sizes and alternate materials been identified, sources verified, and coordination effected with necessary organizations?
- What are the product characteristics that inhibit the adoption of innovative technological products among the group of early majority?
- Does the solution offer supporting tools that facilitate product fulfillment, field deployment, and a positive end-user experience?
- Are special and standard test and inspection equipment on hand, calibrated, proofed, and compatible with drawing requirements?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Teamcenter book in PDF containing 999 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Teamcenter self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Teamcenter Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Teamcenter areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Teamcenter Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Teamcenter projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Teamcenter Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Teamcenter project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Does the contractors system provide unit or lot costs when applicable?
- Initiating Process Group: How well defined and documented were the Teamcenter project management processes you chose to use?
- Schedule Management Plan: What will be the final cost of the Teamcenter project if status quo is maintained?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Supply/demand Teamcenter projections and trends; what are the levels of accuracy?
- Procurement Audit: Are risks managed to provide reasonable assurance regarding department procurement objectives?
- Risk Audit: To what extent are auditors influenced by the business risk assessment in the audit process, and how can auditors create more effective mental models to more fully examine contradictory evidence?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Have Teamcenter project team accountabilities & responsibilities been clearly defined?
- Team Directory: Timing: when do the effects of communication take place?
- Risk Audit: Do you have an understanding of insurance claims processes?
- Lessons Learned: How actively and meaningfully were stakeholders involved in the Teamcenter project?
Step-by-step and complete Teamcenter Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Teamcenter project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Teamcenter project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Teamcenter project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Teamcenter project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Teamcenter project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Teamcenter project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Teamcenter project with this in-depth Teamcenter Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Teamcenter projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Teamcenter and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Teamcenter investments work better.
This Teamcenter All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.