Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Underwriting Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Underwriting related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Underwriting specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Underwriting Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 993 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Underwriting improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 993 standard requirements:
- Are you able to leverage the system to present data that is visually compelling to help expose risk factors, credit underwriting defects and compliance discrepancy trends to drive business change?
- Does the loan officer and/or underwriter consider the average monthly or annual income for a non minority applicant and focus on the low income periods for a similarly situated applicant?
- Are cash flow variables and scores useful in predicting credit risk in the underwriting process, as compared with traditional credit scores and/or credit bureau attributes?
- Does the underwriting manual in use already assume in the ratings guidelines that the people within each risk group for a particular impairment are the best of that group?
- What amount does a creditor disclose if the creditor has an appraisal or valuation that will be used, or may be used, during underwriting of the application?
- What proposition should you offer customers including the user experience, pricing at underwriting and renewal, related services and a loyalty system?
- Do you agree that the limitations on the rationality of consumer behaviour in the mortgage market support the case for greater regulatory intrusion?
- Did the underwriter who was developing your policies spend considerable time considering your business, risk history and commercial coverage?
- Are actuaries providing some guidance on the assumptions that are used for adjustments on a case by case basis by the individual underwriter?
- Are the entities lending philosophies or underwriting approaches, as the entities loan level risk characteristics and risk factors, similar?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Underwriting book in PDF containing 993 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Underwriting self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Underwriting Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Underwriting areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Underwriting Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Underwriting projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Underwriting Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Underwriting project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Risk Data Sheet: Who has a vested interest in how you perform as your organization (our stakeholders)?
- Cost Baseline: Are procedures defined by which the cost baseline may be changed?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: Who holds positions of responsibility in interested organizations?
- Procurement Audit: Are the responsibilities for monitoring the execution and performance of contracts clearly assigned?
- Requirements Management Plan: Is requirements work dependent on any other specific Underwriting project or non-Underwriting project activities (e.g. funding, approvals, procurement)?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: What simple tool can you use to help identify and prioritize Underwriting project risks that is very low tech and high touch?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: What would you gain if you spent time working to improve this process?
- Quality Management Plan: How many Underwriting project staff does this specific process affect?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Does all Underwriting project documentation reside in a common repository for easy access?
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that its system for examining work done is appropriately effective and constructive?
Step-by-step and complete Underwriting Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Underwriting project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Underwriting project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Underwriting project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Underwriting project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Underwriting project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Underwriting project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Underwriting project with this in-depth Underwriting Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Underwriting projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Underwriting and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Underwriting investments work better.
This Underwriting All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.