Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical WAN Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any WAN related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated WAN specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the WAN Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 998 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which WAN improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 998 standard requirements:
- Does the solution offer automated capabilities for application awareness and path intelligence to select the best network connections based on changing variables?
- How will enterprises adopt a new set of NFV enabled virtualized WAN services to deliver new cloud based applications from a secure, on demand service provider?
- How does the manager get immediate reports of problems and unexpected changes, and long term reports of traffic patterns and usage for network planning?
- How do financial services organizations easily deploy a WAN while ensuring that the components are future proof and can scale to meet future demands?
- Which option can enhance traditional IP routing so that you can improve application performance on the WAN while increasing bandwidth efficiency?
- How do you create a roadmap for cost effective improvement plans for the business team, excellence and broader organizational requirements?
- Is it capable of centralized dynamic management of network access based on the type of connection, endpoint device, user, and application?
- What are the biggest risks when using the public Internet as a WAN or transport for remote access to your organizations IT infrastructure?
- Is your business ready to evolve your WAN and move towards as a service models or adoption of near real time applications across the WAN?
- Why is the WAN optimization and application acceleration platform the best point in the network to perform QoS and bandwidth allocation?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the WAN book in PDF containing 998 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your WAN self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the WAN Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which WAN areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough WAN Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage WAN projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step WAN Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 WAN project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Schedule Management Plan: Is a process defined to measure the performance of the schedule management process itself?
- Resource Breakdown Structure: What is the difference between % Complete and % work?
- Scope Management Plan: Describe how the deliverables will be verified against the WAN project scope. To whom will the deliverables be first presented for inspection and verification?
- Scope Management Plan: Is there a WAN project organization chart showing the reporting relationships and responsibilities for each position?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are the schedule estimates reasonable given the WAN project?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What does it mean to take a systems view of a WAN project?
- Risk Management Plan: Have customers been involved fully in the definition of requirements?
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that its staff entrance standards are appropriately effective and constructive and being implemented consistently?
- Closing Process Group: How critical is the WAN project success to the success of your organization?
- WBS Dictionary: Is future work which cannot be planned in detail subdivided to the extent practicable for budgeting and scheduling purposes?
Step-by-step and complete WAN Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 WAN project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 WAN project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 WAN project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 WAN project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 WAN project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 WAN project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any WAN project with this in-depth WAN Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose WAN projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in WAN and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make WAN investments work better.
This WAN All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.