Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Long-Range Planning Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Long-Range Planning related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Long-Range Planning specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Long-Range Planning Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 991 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Long-Range Planning improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 991 standard requirements:
- Does looking at competition and collaboration through the lens of strategic management and marketing help or hinder you in your feelings about, and your understanding of, issues?
- Does the method chosen for monitoring the success of the records management strategy map to the strategic planning methodology used by your organization (if one exists)?
- How does your organization assist the public to understand more about the strategic planning and where things might be heading in direction, as opposed to anywhere else?
- What is the insufficiency or inadequacy of the process of strategic planning for information systems in organizations that permits failed or never implemented systems?
- What can human resource managers do to ensure that the human resource management function is integrally involved in your organizations strategic management process?
- Where do the required skills, knowledge and abilities come from that allow for effective strategy praxis and, of real interest, how do you go about acquiring them?
- How do measures of performance and key indicators established in the strategic plan help measure the success of your organization in terms of business results?
- Are you re-allocating at least a percentage of your operational budget to new initiatives based on sound analysis of current strategies and tactics?
- Do you have ecosystem partnerships with other entities at every phase of your initiatives, from strategic planning to data analytics after rollout?
- What proportion of total strategic planning time does your organizations leadership team devote to future workforce planning on an annual basis?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Long-Range Planning book in PDF containing 991 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Long-Range Planning self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Long-Range Planning Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Long-Range Planning areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Long-Range Planning Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Long-Range Planning projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Long-Range Planning Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Long-Range Planning project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Project Scope Statement: Do you anticipate new stakeholders joining the Long-Range Planning project over time?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: What are the procedures and processes to be followed for purchases, including approval and authorisation requirements?
- Activity Duration Estimates: How can you use Microsoft Long-Range Planning project and Excel to assist in Long-Range Planning project risk management?
- Variance Analysis: There are detailed schedules which support control account and work package start and completion dates/events?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is the Long-Range Planning project sponsor clearly communicating the business case or rationale for why this Long-Range Planning project is needed?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: How do you manage remotely to staff in other Divisions?
- WBS Dictionary: Is authorization of budgets in excess of the contract budget base controlled formally and done with the full knowledge and recognition of the procuring activity?
- Project Performance Report: To what degree are the demands of the task compatible with and converge with the mission and functions of the formal organization?
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that its risk management system is appropriately effective and constructive?
- Risk Audit: Are procedures in place to ensure the security of staff and information and compliance with privacy legislation if applicable?
Step-by-step and complete Long-Range Planning Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Long-Range Planning project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Long-Range Planning project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Long-Range Planning project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Long-Range Planning project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Long-Range Planning project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Long-Range Planning project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Long-Range Planning project with this in-depth Long-Range Planning Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Long-Range Planning projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Long-Range Planning and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Long-Range Planning investments work better.
This Long-Range Planning All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.