This Instant-Access Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard and accompanying eBook is for managers, advisors, consultants, specialists, professionals and anyone interested in Technical management assessment.
'Great product ease of use for anyone to create visual and drill downs reports and deploy numerous Dash Boards in minutes. The team was able to formulate trends analysis that resulted in a clear path of actions for us. We were able to navigate beyond the obvious questions and answer the more complex questions will little effort. The product adoption was excellent resulting in a relative short ROI.' - Technical Solutions Senior Manager in the Finance Industry
'Significant ease of use, widespread user adoption, happy user community. The best self-assessment tool there is.' - Business Analyst in the Transportation Industry
'Management consultant teams need to develop a number of hypothesis, test them, select promising ones and keep refining them. Because the project time is very limited, it is of significant advantage to shorten the iteration of hypothesis development and testing, which is exactly what The Art of Service is great at. In most cases The Art of Service is 10x faster than our in-house tool to test a hypothesis on moderately complex questions, and it becomes an essential part of analysis work flow for most projects I've done recently.' - Project Leader in the Services Industry
What Is The Technical management Self-Assessment?
The Technical management Self-Assessment's Purpose is:
- To help our clients to reduce their effort in the Technical management work they do to get their problem solved
- To help our clients in ensuring that their plans of action include every Technical management task and that every Technical management outcome is in place
- To help our clients not having to spend time investigating strategic and tactical options, therefore saving time and ensuring Technical management opportunity costs are low
- To help our clients channel implementation direction instantly to deliver tailored Technical management advise with structured going-forward plans
All the tools you need to an in-depth Technical management Self-Assessment. Featuring 627 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Technical management improvements can be made.
What You Get:
The Technical management Complete Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard
- Ensures you don't miss anything: 627 questions in 7 RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain) steps with easy and quick navigating and answering for 1 or up to 10 participants
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Technical management Self-Assessment
- Dynamically generated projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
The Technical management Complete Self Assessment eBook version of the book in print
- Provides a convenient way to distribute and share among the participants to prepare and discuss the Self-Assessment
In using the Self-Assessment you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Technical management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Technical management and process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Assess and define Technical management with this Technical management Self Assessment. Sample questions from the Complete, 627 Questions, Self-Assessment:
- Recognize Question: What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Technical management agendas for the next 3 years?
- Define Question: Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Technical management activities?
- Measure Question: What are your most important goals for the strategic Technical management objectives?
- Analyze Question: Does the Technical management task fit the client's priorities?
- Improve Question: Is Technical management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
- Control Question: How do we measure improved Technical management service perception, and satisfaction?
- Sustain Question: We have defined Generic Technical Management Activities
Value [to you] of the Technical management Self-Assessment
Excluding hired consultants and advisors from top management consulting firms, internal Technical management Self-Assessment work is typically undertaken by senior level positions with titles such as Enterprise Architect, Business Process Architects, Business Process Re-engineering Specialists and Business Architects.
Statistics according to Glassdoor and Indeed tell these positions receive an average basic pay of $125,000. Daily rates of basic pay are computed by dividing an employee's annual pay by 260 days. The daily salary is then derived by dividing the annual salary of $125,000 by 260 days = a daily rate of $480.
Top management consulting firms start at $2,000 a day, with rates typically charged up to 40 hours per week.
For the price of a fraction of this you can get complete peace of mind. Now.
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
For more than twenty years, The Art of Service's Self-Assessments empower people who can do just that - whether their title is marketer, entrepreneur, manager, salesperson, consultant, business process manager, executive assistant, IT Manager, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are people who watch the process as it happens, and ask the right questions to make the process work better.
You are free to use the Self-Assessment contents in your presentations and documentation for internal end external use without asking us - we are here to help.