Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Capital Planning Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Capital Planning related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Capital Planning specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Capital Planning Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 993 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Capital Planning improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 993 standard requirements:
- Are there efforts under way to ensure that your organizations human capital strategies are linked to strategic and programmatic planning and accountability mechanisms?
- What, if anything, needs to be done so adaptation thinking factors into key decision points, including siting decisions, long term planning, and capital asset plans?
- Does your organization have a system in place to continually assess and improve human capital planning and investment and its impact on mission accomplishment?
- How have development patterns within the community created demand for and affected the cost of delivering major public services or capital improvements?
- What new uses and technologies for data are planned, and how might you engage with customers more effectively to access data in return for added value?
- How might the concept of social capital as an essentially heuristic device be incorporated into policy and development tools to build social capital?
- What has been the impact of your organizations services in terms of inventions licensed, ventures started, capital raised and products marketed?
- Is your plan for capital expenditures realistic under different economic and industry scenarios or will it endanger your financial obligations?
- Do you have any specific plans with respect to business development companies, which are a source of capital for small and mid sized companies?
- Do you incorporate near miss and scenario analysis to support capital planning, business decision making, and process/system enhancement?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Capital Planning book in PDF containing 993 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Capital Planning self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Capital Planning Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Capital Planning areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Capital Planning Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Capital Planning projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Capital Planning Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Capital Planning project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Quality Audit: How do you know what, specifically, is required of you in your work?
- Risk Management Plan: Workarounds are determined during which step of risk management?
- Executing Process Group: Why is it important to determine activity sequencing on Capital Planning projects?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Do Capital Planning project teams & team members report on status / activities / progress?
- Scope Management Plan: Are internal Capital Planning project status meetings held at reasonable intervals?
- Executing Process Group: What were things that you did well, and could improve, and how?
- Risk Register: People risk -are people with appropriate skills available to help complete the Capital Planning project?
- Initiating Process Group: What were things that you did well, and could improve, and how?
- Team Operating Agreement: What is the anticipated procedure (recruitment, solicitation of volunteers, or assignment) for selecting team members?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Why is activity definition the first process involved in Capital Planning project time management?
Step-by-step and complete Capital Planning Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Capital Planning project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Capital Planning project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Capital Planning project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Capital Planning project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Capital Planning project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Capital Planning project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Capital Planning project with this in-depth Capital Planning Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Capital Planning projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Capital Planning and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Capital Planning investments work better.
This Capital Planning All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.