Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Chargeback Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Chargeback related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Chargeback specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Chargeback Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 963 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Chargeback improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 963 standard requirements:
- Are your processes mission critical like regulatory compliance standards that require full visibility and traceability of every action and decision within a process such as: PCI, HIPAA and SOX?
- Are there regulations for which your organization should now require more specific forms of electronic signature in order to safeguard the integrity and authenticity of the signature?
- How can a Support Service ensure consistency and reliability of service when a key input in service delivery chain - in many cases, information technology - is outside control?
- Has it management implemented a division of roles and responsibilities (segregation of duties) that reasonably prevents a single individual from subverting a critical process?
- Upon completion of a significant change, are all relevant PCI DSS requirements implemented on all new or changed systems and networks, and documentation updated as applicable?
- The full contents of any track (from the magnetic stripe located on the back of a card, equivalent data contained on a chip, or elsewhere) are not stored after authorization?
- If you use third-party software that has transaction processing imbedded, how do you ensure your software is compliant with the most up-to-date PABP and PA DSS requirements?
- Have forms that are used to collect cardholder payment information been designed for easy removal of the cardholder information when processing has been completed?
- Which cloud service management process monitors and reports on allocation and utilization of resources by consumers in order to generate a chargeback report?
- The card verification code or value (three-digit or four-digit number printed on the front or back of a payment card) is not stored after authorization?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Chargeback book in PDF containing 963 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Chargeback self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Chargeback Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Chargeback areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Chargeback Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Chargeback projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Chargeback Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Chargeback project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Schedule Management Plan: Are the quality tools and methods identified in the Quality Plan appropriate to the Chargeback project?
- Change Request: Why were your requested changes rejected or not made?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Do the requirements meet the standards of correctness, completeness, consistency, accuracy, and readability?
- Planning Process Group: The Chargeback project charter is created in which Chargeback project management process group?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Is the customer technically sophisticated in the product area?
- Risk Management Plan: Was an original risk assessment/risk management plan completed?
- Procurement Audit: Does your organization have an overall procurement strategy and/or policy?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: What is the level of experience available with your organization?
- Project Schedule: How closely did the initial Chargeback project Schedule compare with the actual schedule?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Would avoiding any of corresponding impact the Chargeback projects chance of success?
Step-by-step and complete Chargeback Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Chargeback project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Chargeback project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Chargeback project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Chargeback project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Chargeback project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Chargeback project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Chargeback project with this in-depth Chargeback Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Chargeback projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Chargeback and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Chargeback investments work better.
This Chargeback All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.