Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Data Steward Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Data Steward related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Data Steward specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Data Steward Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 994 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Data Steward improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 994 standard requirements:
- What are the responsibilities and obligations of the originator of data and the providers/stewards of the archive in providing rules and structure for making the data useful/intelligible to others?
- Are there any performance measures applied at the individual role or business-unit level for staff who are tasked with gathering, processing and using data and information?
- Can an information steward access utilization statistics and access platform capabilities to identify data-model attribute redundancy, inconsistency, non-use, etc.?
- How many lines of business, functional areas, system areas, project teams, and other parts of your organization have committed stewardship resources or sponsorship?
- Does your organization understand and promote the implementation of a framework that allows comprehensive and timely reporting from a central repository?
- How will a manufacturer used to using spreadsheets to manage a handful of products adapt when the product portfolio and source systems double overnight?
- Do you find that most companies designate formal data stewards as part of data governance efforts, or is data stewardship still an emerging concept?
- How can blockchain impact the finance functions role as an enterprise data steward, as well as the CFOs approach to innovation and investment?
- What internal data stewardship is in place and is your organization engaging the consumer with ongoing communication to track trust over time?
- What security, backup, data stewardship and other processes are in place to protect your confidential and business-critical information?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Data Steward book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Data Steward self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Data Steward Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Data Steward areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Data Steward Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Data Steward projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Data Steward Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Data Steward project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Issue Log: In your work, how much time is spent on stakeholder identification?
- Procurement Audit: Where applicable, did your organization adequately manage experts employed to assist in the procurement process?
- Team Performance Assessment: Social categorization and intergroup behaviour: Does minimal intergroup discrimination make social identity more positive?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Are Data Steward project team roles and responsibilities identified and documented?
- Project Charter: Assumptions and constraints: what assumptions were made in defining the Data Steward project?
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that its staff entrance standards are appropriately effective and constructive and being implemented consistently?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are the activity durations realistic and at an appropriate level of detail for effective management?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- WBS Dictionary: Is subcontracted work defined and identified to the appropriate subcontractor within the proper WBS element?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Has a provision been made to reassess Data Steward project risks at various Data Steward project stages?
Step-by-step and complete Data Steward Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Data Steward project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Data Steward project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Data Steward project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Data Steward project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Data Steward project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Data Steward project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Data Steward project with this in-depth Data Steward Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Data Steward projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Data Steward and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Data Steward investments work better.
This Data Steward All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.