Primary engineering responsibility is for mechanical design support of optical handling equipment, optical testing equipment, processing support equipment and facilities/ machine upgrades.
More Uses of the DFMA Toolkit:
- Oversee critical testing and analysis directly related to stress, flow, fatigue, tolerance, and reliability.
- Methodize: plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the design, validation, and initial prove out of all processes for assigned projects.
- Develop new equipment designs and processes for packaging products, and execute designs from concept to production.
- Participate (as a presenter and/or reviewer) in internal and customer design review intended to demonstrate design conformance to all derived requirements and customer specifications.
- Operate in a Team Environment with other functional areas providing input to design solutions and lead design review.
- Provide oversight and an integrated perspective of the programs technical risk that considers criticality, system safety, reliability, test and evaluation criteria and adverse trends.
- Evaluate: design mechanical components and assemblies with an emphasis on manufacturability, reliability and maintainability.
- Ensure you design; broad knowledge base of manufacturing principles, sourcing strategy development, practices and procedures.
- Develop, document and implement Standard Work Instructions to ensure Product Quality and process timeliness.
- Maintain standard Mechanical Engineering specifications, procedures, and systems for consistent use on projects.
- Be accountable for engineering documentation and maintenance ensure all product documentation is accurate to current production.
- Develop and Release Engineering documentation to communicate applicable information for manufacturing and assembly.
- Confirm you delegate; lead engineers who ensure programmatic and technical risks and requirements are identified, assessed, and addressed from the start of requirements assessment through product delivery.
- Ensure you realize; lead systems have demanding functional and Performance Requirements and must operate in extremely challenging environments.
- Ensure quality through adherence to the Quality Systems Manual, applicable Standard Work Instructions and other standards invoked internally or contractually.
- Be accountable for developing and scaling a diverse team of engineers that effectively and positively influence the design and manufacturing of new products.
- Manage to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas.
- Oversee and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems.
- Organize: own essential engineering aspects as writing general tolerance and quality specifications, 3D modeling and 2D drawing.
- Establish: complete understanding and application of principles, practices and standards for creation and preparation of engineering documentation.
- Facilitate considerations between Engineering, Operations, Procurement, and Quality team members for each key component.
- Ensure you run; lead process to implement and maintain contracts, consignment and stocking program activities to support reduced lead times from suppliers.
- Lead resolving design problems, Failure Analysis and troubleshoot customer and installation issues.
- Establish that your project complies; designs, develop and implements cost effective methods of testing systems and equipment for all phases of a product.
- Ensure you convey; lead Product Design team with emphasis of producibility and Design for Manufacturability and assembly (DFMA).
- Provide resources and information to sales, advertising, and marketing departments for manuals and sales literature.
- Ensure you expand; lead and lead team activities to maintain and continuously improve upon departmental efficiencies.
- Methodize: continuously improve processes utilizing synchronous and Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve labor efficiencies and quality.
- Drive lean, sustainable and DFMA processes for Continuous Improvement across all product offerings (value stream map, reduced part count, standardization across offerings).
- Manage work with innovation and development, manufacturing, Supply Chain and quality organizations for development of new concepts and products.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical DFMA Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any DFMA related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated DFMA specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the DFMA Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which DFMA improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- Who will be in control?
- How is the way you as the leader think and process information affecting your organizational culture?
- What knowledge or experience is required?
- What threat is DFMA addressing?
- How will you recognize and celebrate results?
- Is the scope of DFMA defined?
- How is Change Control managed?
- What is your organizations process which leads to recognition of value generation?
- Is a DFMA team work effort in place?
- How do you manage unclear DFMA requirements?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the DFMA book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your DFMA self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the DFMA Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which DFMA areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough DFMA Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage DFMA projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step DFMA Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 DFMA project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all DFMA project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the DFMA project team have enough people to execute the DFMA project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed DFMA project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete DFMA Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 DFMA project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 DFMA Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 DFMA project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 DFMA project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 DFMA project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 DFMA project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any DFMA project with this in-depth DFMA Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose DFMA projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in DFMA and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make DFMA investments work better.
This DFMA All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.