Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical DFMA Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any DFMA related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated DFMA specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the DFMA Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 997 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which DFMA improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 997 standard requirements:
- Will all of the assembly be done at the manufacturers facility or at upstream suppliers, or will some be done by others farther downstream in the distribution channel or even by the user?
- Does DFMA software accurately estimate the cost of precision machined components, especially low volume ones, and suggest lower cost alternative configurations or designs for components?
- Does your organization concur that the fast track designation is still applicable and the NDA will be considered for priority review in keeping with the fast track designation?
- Where should you draw the line in deciding which errors the manufacturer must identify as foreseeable and thus be required to make the design resistant to the error occurring?
- Is the data analytics solution designed specifically for process manufacturing, and can it handle time-series data and solve intricate process manufacturing problems?
- Should your organization that designs and sells products as computers and smartphones, and contracts out for the actual production, be counted as a manufacturer?
- Do you make any redesign suggestions that would reduce the relative cycle time required to produce the part and, hence, the processing cost for the part?
- Is low-cost manufacturing overseas really the most cost-effective solution for your product, or could your organization benefit more by making it here?
- What is the average cost of assembly and the effective capacity of the system compared to one where every assembly passes the tests the first time?
- Is there an established process for communication of information on service concerns to manufacturing, engineering and design activities?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the DFMA book in PDF containing 997 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your DFMA self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the DFMA Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which DFMA areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough DFMA Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage DFMA projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step DFMA Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 DFMA project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Scope Management Plan: Are the schedule estimates reasonable given the DFMA project?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Past experience ÃÂÃÂ the person or the group worked at something similar in the past?
- Procurement Management Plan: Have lessons learned been conducted after each DFMA project release?
- Schedule Management Plan: Is the assigned DFMA project manager a PMP (Certified DFMA project manager) and experienced?
- Change Log: Should a more thorough impact analysis be conducted?
- Scope Management Plan: What are the acceptance criteria (process and criteria to be met for key stakeholder acceptance) and who is authorized to sign off?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Are there ways to reduce the time it takes to get something approved?
- Risk Audit: What is the effect of globalisation; is business becoming too complex and can the auditor rely on auditing standards?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Workarounds are determined during which step of risk management?
- WBS Dictionary: Are management actions taken to reduce indirect costs when there are significant adverse variances?
Step-by-step and complete DFMA Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 DFMA project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 DFMA project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 DFMA project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 DFMA project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 DFMA project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 DFMA project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any DFMA project with this in-depth DFMA Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose DFMA projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in DFMA and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make DFMA investments work better.
This DFMA All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.