Make sure that your organization keys to the process are facilitating communication between necessary departments and personnel for an efficient transfer of information allowing for immediate production success, timely production to service customer needs, and limiting cost of variance.
More Uses of the Direct to Consumer Toolkit:
- Create and upkeep a messaging playbook that establishes principles for how to apply the brand voice and tone across a variety of channels and verticals.
- Head: budget and Supplier Management establish and manage an annual zero based operating budget designed to support activation of critical digital and Direct to Consumer marketing and Social Media initiatives.
- Pilot: conduct monthly business review meetings with licensees to brief on sales results, opportunities, upcoming product drops, UX/product enhancements, etc.
- Develop: direct and maintain site merchandising strategies, optimizing for inventory availability while maintaining brand cohesion as it relates to visual merchandising.
- Communicate regularly with the marketing teams leaders and other relevant stakeholders on key projects from product launches to growth marketing strategies to Social Media.
- Develop and manage marketing program budgets; measure and optimize marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and deliver high return on investment.
- Manage knowledge and skill to analyze reactions related to a portfolio of your organizations key programs and policies and develop detailed information that provides the basis for decisions made by the leadership.
- Support the preparation of timely and meaningful capital plans, asset registers, and operational business demands for the facilities and Property Management.
- Analyze the results of all campaigns while finding opportunities to improve and optimize the performance going forward and share big picture learnings with the marketing team.
- Be accountable for leading long term brand strategies, medium term brand planning, and communications strategies, and shorter term engagement strategies for B2C and B2B clients.
- Ensure that the Branch operations are operating effectively/efficiently, maintain compliance, reporting requirements and client needs are being met.
- Provide search engine optimization, Data Modeling, and integration best practices and optimization guidance throughout engagements to drive customer ROI.
- Be accountable for using data and insights to inform and rationalize your ideas, providing evidence for the decisions throughout the campaign development process.
- Pilot: in conjunction with the logistics sourcing managers, logistics support, and logistics analytics, work with internal and external parties to bring issues to complete resolution.
- Coordinate: implement specifications for conducting diverse tests on product shelf life and changes, and adapt guidelines to the respective B2C group if necessary.
- Secure that your operation builds an engaged, frontline focused sales culture through consistent prioritization of business partners capabilities, needs and business growth.
- Develop and manage annual and quarterly customer acquisition and retention plans at a product level, in direct partnership with Product Management and Revenue leadership, maintain quantitative and qualitative performance measures on solutions.
- Establish that your operation follows the strategic procurement initiative process to drive purchased items towards common specifications and increase supplier competition.
- Translate goals into effective integrated marketing strategies and campaigns for key product lines and customer segments that support the achievement of quarterly and annual goals.
- Confirm your project defines priorities for site, area and function planning as part of a one time client engagement or as part of an on going client relationship.
- Develop and execute the Strategic Plan that is consistent with the vision for Chrome and provide an operating roadmap for the brand, product offerings and healthy financial growth.
- Confirm your team complies; directs and coordinates collaboration on business activities between all sales support functions to ensure seamless execution of sales initiatives and identify / communicate improvement opportunities.
- Develop branch staff through observational coaching sessions, joint sales calls and using the coaching model and developing/utilizing individual development plans.
- Manage: closely collaborate with Strategic Partnerships and across marketing functions, to ensure the development and delivery of the most effective and efficient programs across your markets.
- Ensure you mastermind; lead the product marketing team and drive the strategy, development and execution of your story telling, go to market and product marketing campaigns for Fast products.
- Secure that your organization supports Capacity Planning with identifying production efficiencies through optimization projects or standalone analysis; initiate production moves internally to achieve Cost Savings.
- Develop onboarding playbook to quickly and easily enable new licensees for selling on owned marketplace sites, partnering closely with brand and tech counterparts to communicate and execute upon the strategy and requirements for sales success.
- Manage work with the sales organization to ensure scope is explicitly defined, documented, and delivered upon in the development of sales trainings and tools.
- Develop multi channel brand strategies and work with execution teams to ensure success through rigorous measurement, testing, and experimentation.
- Assure all brands and packages are rotated in back rooms on a first in, first out basis in accordance with supplier requirements to safeguard that no past dated products are made available to consumers.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Direct to Consumer Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any Direct to Consumer related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Direct to Consumer specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Direct to Consumer Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Direct to Consumer improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- Do you have a Direct to Consumer success story or case study ready to tell and share?
- How do you catch Direct to Consumer definition inconsistencies?
- What is the total cost related to deploying Direct to Consumer, including any consulting or professional services?
- How likely is the current Direct to Consumer plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
- What activities does the governance board need to consider?
- Do you know who is a friend or a foe?
- What are the long-term Direct to Consumer goals?
- How do you measure variability?
- How risky is your organization?
- What is the estimated value of the project?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Direct to Consumer book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Direct to Consumer self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Direct to Consumer Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Direct to Consumer areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Direct to Consumer Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Direct to Consumer projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Direct to Consumer Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Direct to Consumer project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all Direct to Consumer project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the Direct to Consumer project team have enough people to execute the Direct to Consumer project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed Direct to Consumer project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete Direct to Consumer Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Direct to Consumer project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Direct to Consumer Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Direct to Consumer project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Direct to Consumer project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Direct to Consumer project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Direct to Consumer project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Direct to Consumer project with this in-depth Direct to Consumer Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Direct to Consumer projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Direct to Consumer and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Direct to Consumer investments work better.
This Direct to Consumer All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.