Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Experience API Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Experience API related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Experience API specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Experience API Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 991 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Experience API improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 991 standard requirements:
- What is acceptable or helpful in terms of adapting learning to respond to a past experience in another system, or even shifting control over the learning experience between systems?
- How might you begin to explore new ways of assessing learning in order to ensure that current and future forms of credentials have appropriate meaning and value?
- What is the most appropriate way to implement persistence for the watermark in order to support the required data replication integration logic?
- Has facebook ever required that apps or services provide facebook with access to user data in order to gain access to facebook APIs?
- What is the most appropriate integration style for an integration solution that meets your organizations current requirements?
- Why are unattended corporate to organization integration channels a critical component of the corporate user experience?
- What are the repercussions for your organization in a world dominated by massive distrust of your traditional systems?
- How do you implement the necessary integrations to make all the systems work in a standardized and sustainable way?
- Can be implemented in a low level API by an experienced programmer, and at what cost in time and maintainability?
- How could you remix your resources and services to create a thriving and human centric community in the future?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Experience API book in PDF containing 991 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Experience API self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Experience API Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Experience API areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Experience API Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Experience API projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Experience API Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Experience API project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Activity Attributes: What is your organizations history in doing similar activities?
- Quality Management Plan: What key performance indicators does your organization use to measure, manage, and improve key processes?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are staff skills known and available for each task?
- WBS Dictionary: Are estimates developed by Experience API project personnel coordinated with the already stated responsible for overall management to determine whether required resources will be available according to revised planning?
- Cost Baseline: Has the Experience API projected annual cost to operate and maintain the product(s) or service(s) been approved and funded?
- Cost Management Plan: Is there any form of automated support for Issues Management?
- Procurement Audit: Does your organization use existing contracts where possible to avoid the cost of bidding?
- Procurement Audit: Were no tenders presented after the time limit accepted?
- Procurement Management Plan: Is Experience API project work proceeding in accordance with the original Experience API project schedule?
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that the range and quality of its accommodation, catering and transportation services are appropriately effective and constructive?
Step-by-step and complete Experience API Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Experience API project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Experience API project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Experience API project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Experience API project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Experience API project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Experience API project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Experience API project with this in-depth Experience API Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Experience API projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Experience API and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Experience API investments work better.
This Experience API All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.