Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Internal Audit Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Internal Audit related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Internal Audit specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Internal Audit Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 997 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Internal Audit improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 997 standard requirements:
- Which types of internal audit engagements will provide senior management and the board with adequate assurance and advice that significant risks have been mitigated effectively?
- Has the audit committee chair either previous knowledge of, or received appropriate training on, financial and risk management, accounting standards, and the regulatory regime?
- What types of procedures might an internal auditor use to test the design adequacy and operating effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes?
- Does the management give internal auditors and inspectors sufficient authority to make independent and technically justified decisions during the internal controls?
- Is inappropriate access outside predetermined parameters monitored through consistent second line assurance arrangements and also periodic internal audit coverage?
- Did information arise from inquiries of internal audit personnel which should be considered further in identifying risks of material misstatement due to fraud?
- Do internal auditors approve the producer members of the group or production sites of the multisite based on inspection reports of the internal inspectors?
- How can the internal audit function assist the audit committee by alerting it to instances of management override of internal controls on a timely basis?
- Is the level of assurance provided by internal audit and its interaction with other assurance sources clear and appropriate for the audit committee?
- Has your entity recently undertaken compliance testing of other departments, units, offices and branches that is independent of the internal audit?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Internal Audit book in PDF containing 997 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Internal Audit self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Internal Audit Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Internal Audit areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Internal Audit Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Internal Audit projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Internal Audit Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Internal Audit project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Quality Metrics: There are many reasons to shore up quality-related metrics, and what metrics are important?
- Duration Estimating Worksheet: Done before proceeding with this activity or what can be done concurrently?
- Risk Audit: Does the customer have a solid idea of what is required?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Are funding and staffing resource estimates sufficiently detailed and documented for use in planning and tracking the Internal Audit project?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: How many Internal Audit project staff does this specific process affect?
- Team Directory: Process decisions: how well was task order work performed?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Internal Audit project manager has received activity duration estimates from his team. Which does one need in order to complete schedule development?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the limitations on pre-competitive range communications?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Do stakeholders follow a procedure for formally accepting the Internal Audit project scope?
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group: How many potential communications channels exist on the Internal Audit project?
Step-by-step and complete Internal Audit Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Internal Audit project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Internal Audit project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Internal Audit project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Internal Audit project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Internal Audit project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Internal Audit project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Internal Audit project with this in-depth Internal Audit Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Internal Audit projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Internal Audit and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Internal Audit investments work better.
This Internal Audit All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.