Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Operating Model Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Operating Model related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Operating Model specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Operating Model Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 991 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Operating Model improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 991 standard requirements:
- Is effective digital marketing more about your business capability Ð your ability to change an operating model quickly Ð than about the technology itself?
- Are limitations due to key exclusions fully understood and has anything been excluded which could be critical to model performance/ accuracy of analysis?
- How do you drive adoption, incentivize the right behaviors, remove manual steps and disparate tooling, and reduce the time to make critical decisions?
- Does your operating model need to be changed to achieve or sustain the required financial benefits and are you clear about what it needs to look like?
- Where organizations can often struggle is finding the right operating model to implement automation; what is the ideal RPA blueprint for business?
- Is your resource need best met by upskilling current talent, collaborating with other teams or rethinking team structures and operating models?
- Is the it function still relevant in an as-a-service world, where business services are available on demand, anytime, anywhere, on any device?
- Which dimensions of talent diversity and inclusiveness do you specifically address, or plan to address in your organizations talent strategy?
- How is the blockchain linked to the other (internal and inter-organizational) information systems and applications in the business network?
- How does assigning a solution to one of the bi-modal IT model categories affect functionality, operating models and integration capability?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Operating Model book in PDF containing 991 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Operating Model self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Operating Model Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Operating Model areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Operating Model Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Operating Model projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Operating Model Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Operating Model project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Are the results of quality assurance reviews provided to affected groups & individuals?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What is the critical path for this Operating Model project and how long is it?
- Risk Audit: What is the effect of globalisation; is business becoming too complex and can the auditor rely on auditing standards?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: The customer requests a change to the Operating Model project that would increase the Operating Model project risk. Which should you do before ass the others?
- Quality Management Plan: Does the program use modeling in the permitting or decision-making processes?
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that its system for attending to the health and wellbeing of its staff is appropriately effective and constructive?
- Requirements Management Plan: How will you develop the schedule of requirements activities?
- Change Management Plan: What are the specific target groups/audiences that will be impacted by this change?
- Requirements Traceability Matrix: What percentage of Operating Model projects are producing traceability matrices between requirements and other work products?
- Risk Management Plan: Have customers been involved fully in the definition of requirements?
Step-by-step and complete Operating Model Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Operating Model project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Operating Model project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Operating Model project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Operating Model project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Operating Model project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Operating Model project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Operating Model project with this in-depth Operating Model Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Operating Model projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Operating Model and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Operating Model investments work better.
This Operating Model All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.