Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Operating model Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Operating model related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Operating model specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Operating model Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 973 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Operating model improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 973 standard requirements:
- Do you perform a regular assessment of the overall key pieces of the application portfolio and how they fit with your organizations strategy. Can the portfolio support today and tomorrows business models?
- What is the governance model that will addresses investment priorities, funding mechanisms, portfolio effectiveness, service levels for share services, and adherence/compliance actions?
- Are rights and obligations of tax officials and taxpayers, tax penalties and appeal procedures contained in guides available to businesses, advisors, tax officials and to the public?
- What are the metrics and indicators that measure the effectiveness of the operating model. What are the most relevant metrics for measuring the effectiveness of your operating model?
- From the it angle: what do you have to put in place in terms of an operating model and functionality to evolve and support an enterprise deployment of robotic process automation?
- Are product and service requirements, concepts, and proposals linked and mapped to each other, and integrated with the supply chain strategy and business operating model?
- Exit strategy: provide details regarding how you plan to leave your business. will you transfer ownership to employees or family, sell, close, or mentor a replacement?
- Functions and processes define your organizations value chain is organized. How can processes be harmonized / streamlined across locations and/or business units?
- How can you make sure that a Target Operating Model design will become a reality and not collect dust while the business strategy moves in another direction?
- Has your organization developed and/or promoted cost effective, energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable techniques or practices for your projects?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Operating model book in PDF containing 973 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Operating model self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Operating model Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Operating model areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Operating model Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Operating model projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Operating model Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Operating model project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Change Request: Will all change requests be unconditionally tracked through this process?
- Risk Audit: Is your organization able to present documentary evidence in support of compliance?
- Initiating Process Group: Are identified risks being monitored properly, are new risks arising during the Operating model project or are foreseen risks occurring?
- Requirements Traceability Matrix: Is there a requirements traceability process in place?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Are adequate resources provided for the quality assurance function?
- Initiating Process Group: How is each deliverable reviewed, verified, and validated?
- Procurement Audit: Are there appropriate controls in place to ensure that the procurement Operating model project complies with relevant legislation?
- Project Schedule: How effectively were issues able to be resolved without impacting the Operating model project Schedule or Budget?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What distinguishes one organization from another in this area?
- Quality Management Plan: How effectively was the Quality Management Plan applied during Operating model project Execution?
Step-by-step and complete Operating model Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Operating model project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Operating model project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Operating model project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Operating model project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Operating model project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Operating model project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Operating model project with this in-depth Operating model Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Operating model projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Operating model and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Operating model investments work better.
This Operating model All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.