Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Patch Management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Patch Management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Patch Management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Patch Management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Patch Management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- What are the existing capacities for collecting information and conducting analyses on existing information security policies and structures, learning lessons and managing strategic changes?
- How to quantify the loss of a sensitive information asset, knowing that its eventual cost for your organization will depend on who holds it, at what time, and what use will be made of it?
- Are there cases in which a conflict has been perceived between security enhancing measures planned or taken and the protection of the privacy of employees and/or users?
- How many system administrators does your organization employ to perform patch management/system configuration tasks on your network as the primary duty?
- Do you have a patch management strategy, together with tooling to ensure that all desktops, laptops and other mobile devices are up to date?
- What do you do when something goes wrong during a patch installation, or the patch causes an adverse effect after installation?
- Do you have an incident response plan in place that is mutually agreed upon by the leadership team in the event of ransomware?
- Why juggling multiple tools for vulnerability assessment and patch management results in a siloed and inefficient workflow?
- Why is it so important that managers in smes clearly communicate work responsibilities connected to cybersecurity issues?
- Are there any institutional mechanisms for evaluating the effectiveness of IT security policies and providing feedback?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Patch Management book in PDF containing 999 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Patch Management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Patch Management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Patch Management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Patch Management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Patch Management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Patch Management Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Patch Management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Activity Duration Estimates: Are performance reviews conducted regularly to assess the status of Patch Management projects?
- Quality Management Plan: Is the amount of effort justified by the anticipated value of forming a new process?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are changes in deliverable commitments agreed to by all affected groups & individuals?
- Risk Audit: Have you considered the health and safety of everyone in your organization and do you meet work health and safety regulations?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Has a quality assurance plan been developed for the Patch Management project?
- Executing Process Group: What are the main types of goods and services being outsourced?
- Source Selection Criteria: What does an evaluation address and what does a sample resemble?
- Quality Management Plan: How does your organization measure customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: What mechanisms are proposed to monitor and measure Patch Management project performance in terms of social development outcomes?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are post milestone Patch Management project reviews (PMPR) conducted with your organization at least once a year?
Step-by-step and complete Patch Management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Patch Management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Patch Management project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Patch Management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Patch Management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Patch Management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Patch Management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Patch Management project with this in-depth Patch Management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Patch Management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Patch Management and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Patch Management investments work better.
This Patch Management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.