Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Product Service Development Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Product Service Development related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Product Service Development specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Product Service Development Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 996 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Product Service Development improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 996 standard requirements:
- How does your organization balance the need for rigorous planning during the development of complex software products with the flexibility to respond to frequent market shifts and unexpected events?
- How do you improve the productivity of your new product development process so it can operate at a faster clock rate, deliver better and more constant product quality and minimize lifecycle costs?
- Do members of the purchasing cooperative/buying group have an opportunity to participate in the development of product/service specifications and procurement contract terms and conditions?
- Does the legacy application facilitate the development and/or delivery of new products and services developed by your organization to maintain a competitive position in the market?
- What specific value sets embedded within product and service innovation processes help or hinder the achievement of long-term sustainable development goals?
- Do you link any customer satisfaction feedback to your customer service planning, new product development, and/or marketing strategy development?
- How confident are you that the task force achieved its overall objectives of identifying and quantifying new service and product opportunities?
- How does your organization go about collecting market and customer information about the products/ services in your organizations portfolio?
- Which segment sees high value in your offer, spends more with you over time, costs less to maintain, and spreads positive word of mouth?
- What are the biggest obstacles you face when it comes to generating a return on your investments in innovation/product development?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Product Service Development book in PDF containing 996 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Product Service Development self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Product Service Development Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Product Service Development areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Product Service Development Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Product Service Development projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Product Service Development Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Product Service Development project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Procurement Audit: Does your organization have an overall strategy and/or policy on public procurement, providing guidance for procuring entities?
- Risk Management Plan: Is the number of people on the Product Service Development project team adequate to do the job?
- Procurement Management Plan: Are non-critical path items updated and agreed upon with the teams?
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group: Did the Product Service Development project team have enough people to execute the Product Service Development project plan?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: What stakeholders must be involved in the development and oversight of the performance plan?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Have you eliminated all duplicative tasks or manual efforts, where appropriate?
- Communications Management Plan: Is the stakeholder role recognized by your organization?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Consider the changes in the job market for information technology workers. How does the job market and current state of the economy affect human resource management?
- Quality Audit: Are adequate and conveniently located toilet facilities available for use by the employees?
- Scope Management Plan: Are milestone deliverables effectively tracked and compared to Product Service Development project plan?
Step-by-step and complete Product Service Development Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Product Service Development project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Product Service Development project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Product Service Development project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Product Service Development project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Product Service Development project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Product Service Development project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Product Service Development project with this in-depth Product Service Development Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Product Service Development projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Product Service Development and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Product Service Development investments work better.
This Product Service Development All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.