Supervise the administration and approval of change orders, requisitions, and progress payments for Professional Services and construction contracts; support the procurement of new contracts and administration of contract modifications to scope, budget, and schedule.
More Uses of the Professional Services Toolkit:
- Be certain that your strategy complies; is recognized as one of the top organizations providing Professional Services to the insurance industry.
- Collaborate with other members of the Professional Services team in the development and support of projects to serve your customers.
- Methodize: typical projects involve design activities, cost estimating, evaluations and report generation, and other engineering Professional Services.
- Manage the community based organization onboarding process once the signify Professional Services team has activated projects.
- Collaborate with development and Professional Services teams to evaluate and iterate on requirements, ideas and designs.
- Oversee the successful delivery of Professional Services and respond to technical concerns and problems, ensuring smooth implementation and launch.
- Assure your operation brings a consultative sales approach, ideally gained in an established customized software business or Professional Services organization providing complex enterprise software to organizations.
- Head: partner with product, Professional Services, sales operations, product marketing, market insights, clinical programs to build Business Cases.
- Manage work with the Professional Services, Customer Success, and Technical Support team members on an ongoing basis to understand customer training needs and apply to training interventions.
- Manage relationship with vendor Customer Support to resolve production support issues or with external consulting / Professional Services teams to implement system changes.
- Guide: leverage net health Professional Services and critical care teams as appropriate to ensure the needs of the customer are met.
- Manage services available are Application Development, Business Process outsourcing, data manage services, and professional manage services.
- Manage relationships with external Information security technology vendors and specialized Information security Professional Services firms.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and Professional Services to assess and where appropriate create pricing, product positioning, competitive assessment, and profitability while ensuring Customer Satisfaction.
- Confirm your organization demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in Professional Services roles helping companies address multi layer, complex client issues in support of Enterprise Architecture and Technology strategies.
- Ensure work product of case/client team meets the standards of quality set forth in project plan and adhere to the Quality Standards established by the Professional Services management team.
- Develop Professional Services estimates for planning services, design services, Construction Management services, and Project Management services.
- Manage work with sales to develop and enhance tools and methodologies that improve the sale of Professional Services.
- Methodize: plan, direct, coordinate and perform Professional Services activities alone or with a supporting team.
- Manage work with Professional Services to understand the solution and platform, timeline for delivery and articulate risks on behalf of Managed Services.
- Oversee: Professional Services engineering as part of the client engineering team to translate business requirements into technical actions.
- Ensure you challenge; lead the internal support teaM And Assign adequately Field Engineers and the Professional Services Partners.
- Develop: regularly meet with the Service Desk management, Professional Services management and others to strategize on immediate and long term client needs.
- Lead: work effectively with internal support departments (marketing, Professional Services, and Product Development) to develop effective sales strategies that promote sales to new and existing customers.
- Ensure you specify; lead and collaborate with Systems Engineering, Inside Sales, Specialists, Professional Services and channel partners to drive long term success with your clients.
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering, Inside Sales, specialists, Professional Services and channel partners.
- Drive Operational Excellence throughout the Professional Services organization Process Improvement and adherence, leverage tools and automation for accuracy and consistency.
- Manage a team in excess of 10 people whose primary responsibility is program/Project Management in a Professional Services environment.
- Provide Professional Services and/or managed client services to external clients (another organization besides the employer).
- Make introduction and arrange meetings with customer decision makers to understand mission requirements alignment to organization Professional Services offerings.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Professional Services Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Professional Services related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Professional Services specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Professional Services Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Professional Services improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- Professional Services risk decisions: whose call is it?
- What is the problem and/or vulnerability?
- When information truly is ubiquitous, when reach and connectivity are completely global, when computing resources are infinite, and when a whole new set of impossibilities are not only possible, but happening, what will that do to your business?
- What are the key elements of your Professional Services performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
- Are the measurements objective?
- Is the Professional Services documentation thorough?
- How does the team improve its work?
- Who manages supplier risk management in your organization?
- If your customer were your grandmother, would you tell her to buy what you're selling?
- What vendors make products that address the Professional Services needs?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Professional Services book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Professional Services self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Professional Services Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Professional Services areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Professional Services Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Professional Services projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Professional Services Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Professional Services project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the acquisition process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all Professional Services project issues be unconditionally tracked through the issue resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the Professional Services project team have enough people to execute the Professional Services project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are corrective actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed Professional Services project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete Professional Services Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Professional Services project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Professional Services project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Professional Services project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Professional Services project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Professional Services project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Professional Services project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Professional Services project with this in-depth Professional Services Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Professional Services projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Professional Services and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Professional Services investments work better.
This Professional Services All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.