Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Quality System Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Quality System related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Quality System specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Quality System Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 998 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Quality System improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 998 standard requirements:
- Are there any additional charges that might result from a delay in the assessment, because of an identified need to further develop the quality system before continuing?
- Are all relevant measures specified to detect all possible failures/failure combinations including all operation modes and interactions with other systems/items?
- Is quality system and audit information relating to third party suppliers or developers of software & implemented systems available to inspectors on request?
- Did the audit output, including the manufacturers report, demonstrate that the assessment addressed all required areas of the relevant Quality System?
- Does your organization quality system cover all sites used to generate data including any secondary and/or temporary or mobile facilities?
- What considerations need to be taken into account in setting up an industry quality mark system in the export education industry?
- Which feedback method is used by organizations to obtain insight on suppliers quality system design and plans for improvement?
- What is the system used to track, control, and maintain all records that relate to the requirements of the Quality System?
- Does the design cyber-security related signal/communication flows considering the cyber-security technical requirements?
- How do you know if/whether the quality system is effective in maintaining and enhancing the reputation of the industry?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Quality System book in PDF containing 998 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Quality System self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Quality System Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Quality System areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Quality System Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Quality System projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Quality System Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Quality System project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Risk Audit: Have top software and customer managers formally committed to support the Quality System project?
- Project or Phase Close-Out: What were the goals and objectives of the communications strategy for the Quality System project?
- Scope Management Plan: Quality standards - are controls in place to ensure that the work was not only completed and also completed to meet specific standards?
- Lessons Learned: How effective was the acceptance management process?
- Source Selection Criteria: When is it appropriate to conduct a preproposal conference?
- Initiating Process Group: What will you do to minimize the impact should a risk event occur?
- Quality Management Plan: After observing execution of process, is it in compliance with the documented Plan?
- Scope Management Plan: Who is responsible for monitoring the Quality System project scope to ensure the Quality System project remains within the scope baseline?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: What specific plans do you have for developing effective cross-platform assessments in a blended learning environment?
- Quality Management Plan: How do your action plans support the strategic objectives?
Step-by-step and complete Quality System Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Quality System project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Quality System project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Quality System project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Quality System project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Quality System project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Quality System project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Quality System project with this in-depth Quality System Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Quality System projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Quality System and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Quality System investments work better.
This Quality System All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.