Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Service Marketplace Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Service Marketplace related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Service Marketplace specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Service Marketplace Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 992 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Service Marketplace improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 992 standard requirements:
- Which additional planning method is available for internal orders if you have information about sources of supply and vendors prices based on quantities?
- Is there a difference between the information listed on the marketplaces website interface and in the specific plans summaries of benefits?
- Will your organization be able to lure away a robotics engineer from a FinTech upstart using the current incentives?
- How can culture help corporate leaders achieve change and build organizations that thrive in the most trying times?
- What are the benefits of allowing goods and services to be regulated only by the forces of a free market economy?
- What must organizations do to serve and survive in the financial marketplace and in the consumer marketplace?
- Is your organization offering its customers something distinctive or at a lower cost than its competitors?
- How do you routinely assess collection use, depth, breadth, and relevance to individual market segments?
- How does your organizations service delivery strategy compare to the strategies used by other companies?
- How will the evolution of distributed capital raising impact the role of traditional intermediaries?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Service Marketplace book in PDF containing 992 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Service Marketplace self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Service Marketplace Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Service Marketplace areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Service Marketplace Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Service Marketplace projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Service Marketplace Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Service Marketplace project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Work Breakdown Structure: What is the probability that the Service Marketplace project duration will exceed xx weeks?
- Activity Attributes: Would you consider either of corresponding activities an outlier?
- Risk Management Plan: Risks should be identified during which phase of Service Marketplace project management life cycle?
- Cost Management Plan: Are key risk mitigation strategies added to the Service Marketplace project schedule?
- Executing Process Group: What are some crucial elements of a good Service Marketplace project plan?
- Project Management Plan: Are there non-structural buyout or relocation recommendations?
- Procurement Audit: In case of time and material and labour hour contracts, does surveillance give an adequate and reasonable assurance that the contractor is using efficient methods and effective cost controls?
- Quality Management Plan: Is the process working, and people are not executing in compliance of the process?
- Lessons Learned: Does the lesson educate others to improve performance?
- Procurement Audit: Are receiving reports on file for all claims for equipment, supplies and materials in the paid claims file?
Step-by-step and complete Service Marketplace Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Service Marketplace project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Service Marketplace project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Service Marketplace project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Service Marketplace project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Service Marketplace project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Service Marketplace project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Service Marketplace project with this in-depth Service Marketplace Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Service Marketplace projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Service Marketplace and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Service Marketplace investments work better.
This Service Marketplace All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.