Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Value Stream Mapping Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Value Stream Mapping related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Value Stream Mapping specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Value Stream Mapping Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 916 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Value Stream Mapping improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 916 standard requirements:
- Who is the staff person responsible for implementing the specific change successfully - who has the commitment, authority, influence, and time to assure implementation, to remove barriers to change?
- The first step is to identify the tasks that make up the process, and the basic flows of information between them. The map will establish the topology of the value stream: Is it linear?
- It is arguable if you have reached a root cause, which is the objective of problem solving. Do you ask yourself, why is management more interested in production than quality?
- Which additional data that may be required. When data is identified, how can it be collected, and how can it be transformed into metrics applicable for a value stream map?
- When you put on your lean thinking lenses and look at any manufacturing process the first question you should ask is: what does the customer want from this process?
- Having this cycle time to takt time relationship will take care of your production problems in the long run, and what about the short-term problems you might have?
- If the process were improved by applying lean concepts and tools, what would the future state of the process look like and how do you anticipate it would perform?
- Functions and processes define your organizations value chain is organized. How can processes be harmonized / streamlined across locations and/or business units?
- Is VSM the only model that can effectively and objectively benchmark your existing organization and find out where is it well organized and where not?
- Are you willing to listen to critiques of your facility and then understand and change the already stated areas in your facility that are not Lean?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Value Stream Mapping book in PDF containing 916 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Value Stream Mapping self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Value Stream Mapping Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Value Stream Mapping areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Value Stream Mapping Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Value Stream Mapping projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Value Stream Mapping Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Value Stream Mapping project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Project Performance Report: To what degree does the information network provide individuals with the information they require?
- Roles and Responsibilities: Does the team have access to and ability to use data analysis tools?
- Procurement Audit: Did your organization decide for an appropriate and admissible procurement procedure?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Why is there a new or renewed interest in the field of Value Stream Mapping project management?
- Quality Metrics: How do you know if everyone is trying to improve the right things?
- Risk Register: Contingency actions - planned actions to reduce the immediate seriousness of the risk when it does occur. What should you do when?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Is it standard practice to formally commit stakeholders to the Value Stream Mapping project via agreements?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are non-critical path items updated and agreed upon with the teams?
- Procurement Management Plan: What were things that you did very well and want to do the same again on the next Value Stream Mapping project?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Will the current technology alter during the life of the Value Stream Mapping project?
Step-by-step and complete Value Stream Mapping Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Value Stream Mapping project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Value Stream Mapping project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Value Stream Mapping project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Value Stream Mapping project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Value Stream Mapping project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Value Stream Mapping project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Value Stream Mapping project with this in-depth Value Stream Mapping Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Value Stream Mapping projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Value Stream Mapping and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Value Stream Mapping investments work better.
This Value Stream Mapping All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.