Your organization is guided by core values that demand the highest level of performance and customer satisfaction which allows you to rise to the top in a most competitive industry.
- Warrant that your organization complies;
- Strive for first call resolution and take true ownership of customer needs and issues.
- Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information received.
- Make sure that your organization complies; address customer needs from the initial delivery to the scheduling of final pick up of containers.
- Orchestrate: continuously improve call handling skills, systems knowledge, and communications skills to enhance customer service levels.
- Be accountable for making outbound calls to provide and confirm information regarding scheduled services.
- Retain policyholder through efficient and effective problem resolution and customer service skills.
- Ensure you wont need to make a high pressure sales pitch either,no high pressure sales involved.
- Overcome customer objections and provide the appropriate features, advantages, and benefits of the PODS products and services in order to close the sale.
- Formulate: accurately process application/ information in sutherland and the clients sales and customer systems.
- Audit: effective at assessing people inside and outside of your organization to ensure you have the right people.
- Provide accurate information and solid customer service on every call per established criteria.
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services and policies.
- Assure your operation creates an emotional connection with your members by understanding and engaging the member to the fullest to champion for your members best health.
- Follow procedures to ensure adherence to your organizations risk and compliance policies.
- Receive inbound sales calls from customers; understand storage needs and recommend an appropriate storage unit.
- Develop: customer advocate; someone that can relate to the customer and provide effective solutions.
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies.
- Coordinate: account for the features and benefits of pods products and services to prospective and current customers.
- Be certain that your team attends weekly staff and other meetings to consider issues and foster teamwork among department personnel.
- Be accountable for interacting with recruiters, supervisors, and leadership to identify current staffing needs.
- Be accountable for understanding business objectives and designing surveys to discover prospective customers preferences.
- Lead accuracy in processing changes to customer policies based on the information provided.
- Assure your design recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Be accountable for making sure customers are serviced quickly and accurately, to ensure first call resolution.
- Develop: accurately track and record outcome of calls and customer issues/inquiries for follow up.
- Identify processes and suggests process improvements while effectively communicating any changes to team.
- Be accountable for overcoming adversity and adapting to change has prepared you to execute in your dynamic environment.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Work From Home Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Work From Home related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Work From Home specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Work From Home Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Work From Home improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- What happens when a new employee joins your organization?
- How can the value of Work From Home be defined?
- What are the long-term Work From Home goals?
- What did you miss in the interview for the worst hire you ever made?
- What knowledge or experience is required?
- How do your work systems and key work processes relate to and capitalize on your core competencies?
- How do you verify Work From Home completeness and accuracy?
- What are the clients issues and concerns?
- How can you manage cost down?
- Do you have/need 24-hour access to key personnel?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Work From Home book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Work From Home self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Work From Home Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Work From Home areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Work From Home Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Work From Home projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Work From Home Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Work From Home project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the acquisition process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all Work From Home project issues be unconditionally tracked through the issue resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the Work From Home project team have enough people to execute the Work From Home project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are corrective actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed Work From Home project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete Work From Home Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Work From Home project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Work From Home project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Work From Home project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Work From Home project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Work From Home project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Work From Home project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Work From Home project with this in-depth Work From Home Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Work From Home projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Work From Home and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Work From Home investments work better.
This Work From Home All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.