Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Application Portfolio Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Application Portfolio related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Application Portfolio specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Application Portfolio Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 998 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Application Portfolio improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 998 standard requirements:
- How should an application portfolio management model be created in order to migrate from the current incomprehensible system environment to a comprehensive and meaningful environment?
- What is the risk (in terms of financial outlay and time investment) of finding that the target organizations IT systems and organization are outdated, insufficient, or ineffective?
- Is there a comprehensive business technology strategy that addresses alignment, infrastructure, applications, delivery, communications, security, support, governance, and funding?
- Does your organization have an accurate portfolio of its existing systems and applications, including an identification of related costs and organizational benefits?
- How does your organization determine the extent of underused, unused, low business value, and/or low technology value applications in its application portfolio?
- Will the selection of business function/area and scope of artifacts population be defined and agreed by both parties during the analysis phase of the project?
- Are you looking to migrate from a monolithic architecture to a service-oriented (or server-less) architecture to boost agility or improve business continuity?
- Are application resources protected with permission sets that allow only an application administrator to modify application resource configuration files?
- How does your organization determine the cost to maintain an application in its application portfolio versus what it costs to retire or decommission it?
- How do you determine the extent of underused, unused, low business value, and/or low technology value applications in your application portfolio?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Application Portfolio book in PDF containing 998 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Application Portfolio self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Application Portfolio Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Application Portfolio areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Application Portfolio Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Application Portfolio projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Application Portfolio Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Application Portfolio project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Requirements Documentation: How do you know when a Requirement is accurate enough?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: What will be the likely incidence of conflict with neighboring Application Portfolio projects?
- Procurement Audit: Are information technology resources (e-procurement) used to reduce costs?
- Planning Process Group: Is the identification of the problems, inequalities and gaps, with respective causes, clear in the Application Portfolio project?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Are Application Portfolio project team members involved in detailed estimating and scheduling?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: How are new requirements or changes to requirements identified?
- Quality Management Plan: How does your organization determine the requirements and product/service features important to customers?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Which risks need to move on to Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Have all involved stakeholders and work groups committed to the Application Portfolio project?
- Resource Breakdown Structure: What is the number one predictor of a groups productivity?
Step-by-step and complete Application Portfolio Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Application Portfolio project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Application Portfolio project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Application Portfolio project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Application Portfolio project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Application Portfolio project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Application Portfolio project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Application Portfolio project with this in-depth Application Portfolio Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Application Portfolio projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Application Portfolio and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Application Portfolio investments work better.
This Application Portfolio All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.