Confirm your organization possess the business acumen and analytic chops to ensure your team is applying the right approach and Critical Thinking to execute against projects using an assortment of methods that range from descriptive profiles and statistical forecasting to Predictive Modeling and optimization.
More Uses of the Business Acumen Toolkit:
- Formulate: thought leader regarding organizational, cultural, and people related initiatives by maintaining business acumen and knowledge on Industry Trends.
- Establish that your organization requires cloud driven knowledge, Software Development, and business acumen, task management, and communication skills.
- Arrange that your organization communicates plans and conducts review quarterly with business partners to identify opportunities and action plans.
- Be certain that your organization communications a great communicator who engages teams and stakeholders with thoughtful delivery and messages that resonate.
- Develop, monitor, modify and assure compliance with the annual business plan to ensure the profitability of the business unit.
- Support and interface with internal functional organizations (Finance, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, Pricing) in the daily administration and proposal process.
- Develop and defines standard analytics and reporting governance and communication and ensures adherence to standards.
- Orchestrate: research economic, financial, market, competitive and industry data to account for current business trends and anticipate new trends or big ideas.
- Know and assess the competition; and leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for your guests.
- Ensure you handle; lead business acumen understands lead business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Formulate: conduct Root Cause Analysis and provide actionable and high value solutions to reported incidents with a combination of Data Analytics, business acumen, technical expertise, product features, and sound judgment.
- Secure that your organization builds and maintains various models used to project business results; enhances the model where there is business value in adjusting the models.
- Be accountable for assessing leadership gaps regarding customer intimacy and business acumen with direct reports and address accordingly.
- Orchestrate: act as interface for contracts with Program Management and external customers (contracting officers/contract specialists or subcontract managers).
- Develop and execute to plans to identify and drive Productivity Improvements that enable the team to deliver to hiring goals without having to scale deployed resources at a rate faster than the business is growing.
- Govern: an Enterprise Architecture is a customer facing enterprise wide expert with broad technical skills, deep industry knowledge, and unparalleled business acumen.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long term planning, the introduction of new programs/strategies, and product and services development.
- Ensure you steer; lead a Continuous Learning environment with respect to utilizing the latest methodologies, technologies, and illustrative best practices to tell stories that can drive business decisions.
- Ensure you account for; sound business acumen with a practical, results oriented management style that can translate innovative, creative strategies and conceptual thinking into action plans.
- Support a variety of revenue, productivity, cost and other impactful initiatives through complex Data Modeling, sampling, and analysis projects that have applicability across geographical boundaries and customer segments.
- Develop and maintain a positive organization image and positive relations between your organization and key customers, vendors, and regulators.
- Ensure you reorganize; build and maintain high level knowledge by staying current on initiatives, challenges and opportunities across lines of business.
- Ensure you organize; blend of technical depth and business acumen to flex between strategic considerations with c level executives, staff, and technical conversations with analytics practitioners.
- Ensure all your consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development.
- Ensure you unite; build relationships across the enterprise working with other business, product, Technology Teams for insights and best practice sharing.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Business Acumen Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any Business Acumen related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Business Acumen specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Business Acumen Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 952 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Business Acumen improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 952 standard requirements:
- Because time, energy, and money are always scarce, leaders must select goals to achieve and then prioritize them. what will the primary level of focus be: on technical performance, on follower development, or on organizational alignment?
- What is it that newly appointed heads do, how does that differ from what business managers do and can an alternative model of excellence be constructed that reflects, rather than restrains, your perception of effective practice?
- If there are systems that will no longer support the organizations Business Needs, either through poor performance or excessive cost, how does IT leadership in the organization plan to address the issues?
- Do Leadership Development Programs include cultivation of a robust skill set in communication, engagement, listening, Performance Improvement, and Emotional intelligence, as well as business acumen?
- How might a collective sense of psychological capital, or the PsyCap of a team or organizational leader influence individual absenteeism behavior or the development of individual PsyCap itself?
- Do both the business and IT leadership teams understand the adjustments that are required for the current business and information environments to fulfill the target performance architecture?
- How do you, as a leader, build trust among your constituents, whether they are employees, the already stated above you in rank, your peers in other organizations, the media, or the public?
- When there is a decision for a new critical process, what means do you use to communicate step-by-step processes to ensure other people understand and will complete the process correctly?
- Understanding the day-to-day operations of your organization is a critical step in developing business acumen. How does what you are doing fit into the big picture for your organization?
- An employee tells you about a sexual harassment allegation and then tells you one or one does not want to do anything about it; he/she just thought you should know. How do you respond?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Business Acumen book in PDF containing 952 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Business Acumen self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Business Acumen Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Business Acumen areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Business Acumen Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Business Acumen projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Business Acumen Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Business Acumen project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Project Management Plan: What should you drop in order to add something new?
- Requirements Management Plan: Is there formal agreement on who has authority to request a change in requirements?
- Scope Management Plan: Has adequate time for orientation & training of Business Acumen project staff been provided for in relation to technical nature of the application and the experience levels of Business Acumen project personnel?
- Procurement Audit: Do the Internal Control systems function appropriate?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: The already stated responsible for the establishment of budgets and assignment of resources for overhead performance?
- Procurement Audit: Is trend analysis performed on expenditures made by key employees and by vendor?
- Procurement Management Plan: Are enough systems & user personnel assigned to the Business Acumen project?
- Procurement Management Plan: Are the people assigned to the Business Acumen project sufficiently qualified?
- Procurement Audit: Are the purchase order forms designed for efficient and simple completion?
- Change Request: Which requirements attributes affect the risk to reliability the most?
Step-by-step and complete Business Acumen Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Business Acumen project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Business Acumen Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Business Acumen project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Business Acumen project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Business Acumen project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Business Acumen project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Business Acumen project with this in-depth Business Acumen Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Business Acumen projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Business Acumen and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Business Acumen investments work better.
This Business Acumen All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.