Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Data Lakes Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Data Lakes related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Data Lakes specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Data Lakes Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 991 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Data Lakes improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 991 standard requirements:
- Have you considered a strategy to refresh your dated infrastructure while integrating expansive digital capabilities as data lakes and machine learning?
- How are you going to protect the data in your repository and make sure its of good quality while still making it available for everyone?
- What are the long term goals of your department and your organization beyond your initial data integration project?
- What is the time commitment and what are the expectations for department if you are interested in participating?
- Which azure service and feature should you recommend using to manage the transient data for data lake storage?
- What are the ingredients that are needed to turn the data lake into a bottomless well of actionable insights?
- Do you need to move data or files from external sources or subscriptions into a data lake or storage system?
- What information do the data lakes hold and what are the relevant datasets for the analysis you are doing?
- What are or will likely be your organizations objectives for utilizing a data lake technology solution?
- What are the key criteria and characteristics of storage systems ideally suited for your organization?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Data Lakes book in PDF containing 991 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Data Lakes self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Data Lakes Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Data Lakes areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Data Lakes Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Data Lakes projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Data Lakes Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Data Lakes project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Project Scope Statement: Were potential customers involved early in the planning process?
- Schedule Management Plan: Is there a set of procedures defining the scope, procedures, and deliverables defining quality control?
- Scope Management Plan: Has adequate time for orientation & training of Data Lakes project staff been provided for in relation to technical nature of the application and the experience levels of Data Lakes project personnel?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: Has the appropriate access to relevant data and analysis capability been granted?
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that its research planning and management systems are appropriately effective and constructive in enabling quality research outcomes?
- Project Scope Statement: Will the risk status be reported to management on a regular and frequent basis?
- Initiating Process Group: Do you understand all business (operational), technical, resource and vendor risks associated with the Data Lakes project?
- Formal Acceptance: What lessons were learned about your Data Lakes project management methodology?
- Quality Management Plan: Account for the procedures used to verify the data quality of the data being reviewed?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Is Data Lakes project status reviewed with the steering and executive teams at appropriate intervals?
Step-by-step and complete Data Lakes Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Data Lakes project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Data Lakes project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Data Lakes project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Data Lakes project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Data Lakes project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Data Lakes project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Data Lakes project with this in-depth Data Lakes Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Data Lakes projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Data Lakes and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Data Lakes investments work better.
This Data Lakes All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.