Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Data Lakes Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Data Lakes related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Data Lakes specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Data Lakes Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 990 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Data Lakes improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 990 standard requirements:
- Is the customer or employee staying on the network far longer than usual, or visiting new and different parts of the network, or engaging in activities uncharacteristic of prior use?
- What organizational, product, service, regulatory, market, competitive, or other environmental changes could impact the operation or performance of the present replication strategy?
- Which issues, if any, are most concerning to your organization when users are working with spreadsheets to visualize, analyze, prepare, and share data and analytics?
- How does your organization match instance types and sizes to workload performance and capacity requirements while still ticking the box of lowest possible cost?
- Have you considered a strategy to refresh your dated infrastructure while integrating expansive digital capabilities as data lakes and machine learning?
- Do you have an installed base data lake, a central repository combining customer and asset information, including sales and reseller information?
- How do you work out which type of property will work in your favour, finance wise Ð and which strategy could stop your investing in its tracks?
- Are business analysts able to effectively contribute knowledge of data context to your data lakeÐthrough tags or other classifications?
- What sla requirements will your business stakeholders expect, especially for business critical applications that impact revenue?
- What is your plan to make it easier for users across the business to prepare data from your data lake without involving IT?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Data Lakes book in PDF containing 990 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Data Lakes self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Data Lakes Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Data Lakes areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Data Lakes Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Data Lakes projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Data Lakes Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Data Lakes project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Procurement Audit: Is the performance of the procurement function/unit benchmarked with other procurement functions/units in the different stages of the procurement process?
- Project Charter: Assumptions: what factors, for planning purposes, are you considering to be true?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Data Lakes project has three critical paths. Which BEST describes how this affects the Data Lakes project?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Do scope statements include the Data Lakes project objectives and expected deliverables?
- Requirements Documentation: Does your organization restrict technical alternatives?
- Lessons Learned: For the next Data Lakes project, how could you improve on the way Data Lakes project was conducted?
- Change Management Plan: Will the readiness criteria be met prior to the training roll out?
- Quality Management Plan: What procedures are used to determine if you use, and the number of split, replicate or duplicate samples taken at a site?
- Network Diagram: What must be completed before an activity can be started?
- Team Operating Agreement: Does your team need access to all documents and information at all times?
Step-by-step and complete Data Lakes Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Data Lakes project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Data Lakes project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Data Lakes project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Data Lakes project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Data Lakes project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Data Lakes project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Data Lakes project with this in-depth Data Lakes Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Data Lakes projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Data Lakes and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Data Lakes investments work better.
This Data Lakes All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.