Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Research and Development Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Research and Development related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Research and Development specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Research and Development Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Research and Development improvements can be made.
Examples; 20 of the 999 standard requirements:
Are findings and analysis of research consulted when ascertaining the need for the development of existing programs and the provision of new ones?
Are the budgets to be inclusive of media expenditures or strictly for research and creative development?
Does a gap exist in the knowledge of leadership development and its relationship to organizational culture that can inform future research, theory, and practice?
Does your organization protect the value of its intellectual property through continued research and investment in new product development or by purchase from outside developers?
How can human centered approaches in market research and product development improve the process and results of innovation?
How do you go about increasing the probability of successful innovation from the research, development, and marketing investments one makes?
How do you incorporate and share and push the agenda in terms of research, service delivery, and policy development?
How do you shift the emphasis away from the project being the researchers responsibility, to joint decision-making and development?
How efficiently and quickly are recent research findings integrated into technology development and thus into the services provided?
Is the program grounded in theory and is it accurately designed around statistical data and developmental research that is verifiable and reliable?
Should the board invest in current products and services, or invest in research & development with uncertain future returns?
What are the key emerging challenges and opportunities for research and policy analysis on investment and development?
What exactly can be done with data to further the goals of leadership research and leadership development?
What gaps are there between theory and practice, and how might further research and professional development assist?
What is the nature of the relationship between scientific research, technological development and economic change?
What policies are needed to foster the contributions of your organization and research organizations towards development?
What policy initiatives exist, if any, to specifically address sustainable development challenges through research and innovation?
What responsibility should research organizations have in supporting the development of infrastructure ready researchers and technical specialists?
What system does the service have in place for mapping research and strategic development activities on to the identified needs of stakeholders?
Will a repository be used for research, defined as a systematic investigation, including research development, testing and evaluation, designed to develop or contribute to generalizable knowledge?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Research and Development book in PDF containing 999 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Research and Development self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Research and Development Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Research and Development areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Research and Development Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Research and Development projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Research and Development Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Research and Development project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Baseline: Pcs for your new business. what would the life cycle costs be?
- Procurement Audit: Has the expected benefits from realisation of the procurement Research and Development project been calculated?
- Risk Audit: Are auditors able to effectively apply more soft evidence found in the risk-assessment process with the results of more tangible audit evidence found through more substantive testing?
- Change Management Plan: What can you do to minimise misinterpretation and negative perceptions?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: Where can team members go for more detailed information on performance measurement and assessment?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Are vendor invoices audited for accuracy before payment?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are post milestone Research and Development project reviews (PMPR) conducted with your organization at least once a year?
- Cost Management Plan: Does the business case include how the Research and Development project aligns with your organizations strategic goals & objectives?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Is a contract change control system defined to manage changes to contract terms and conditions?
- Lessons Learned: How useful and complete was the Research and Development project document repository?
Step-by-step and complete Research and Development Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Research and Development project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Research and Development project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Research and Development project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Research and Development project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Research and Development project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Research and Development project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Research and Development project with this in-depth Research and Development Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Research and Development projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Research and Development and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Research and Development investments work better.
This Research and Development All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.