Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Shared Services or Shared Services Center Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Shared Services or Shared Services Center related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Shared Services or Shared Services Center specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Shared Services or Shared Services Center Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 994 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Shared Services or Shared Services Center improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 994 standard requirements:
- Do you have growing online education and/or sponsored research ambitions that necessitate either increasing the number of support staff or scaling existing structures to better meet expanding needs?
- How can companies be encouraged to consider long term profit drivers in the face of immediate short term profit motives and shareholder pressures that may incentivize unsustainable practices?
- Does the project establish a reasonable fee structure that allows for broad public participation, perhaps by including free days or reduced rate days if necessary?
- How would failure impact your organizations operating environment, customer relationships, authority, and perceived value within your authorizing environment?
- Are your larger departments and units over resourced in support staff, while smaller units suffer from inconsistent coverage or go without key services?
- Are you using process improvement tools to encourage staff to identify duplicative manual steps and areas primed for simplification or automation?
- Has the governance entity contracted with appropriate vendors for selected shared services, signed contracts, with service development underway?
- Is there an opportunity for distributed organizations to skip centrally located staffing models and move to more virtual shared services?
- How often has your approval process stalled and no one is sure why or where it is stuck or even how to get it moving again?
- Have your shared services leaders invested in a culture of continuous improvement and customer service training for staff?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Shared Services or Shared Services Center book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Shared Services or Shared Services Center self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Shared Services or Shared Services Center Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Shared Services or Shared Services Center areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Shared Services or Shared Services Center Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Shared Services or Shared Services Center projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Shared Services or Shared Services Center Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Shared Services or Shared Services Center project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Project Portfolio management: What happens without Shared Services or Shared Services Center project portfolio and proper resourcing?
- Team Performance Assessment: If you have received criticism from reviewers that your work suffered from method variance, what was the circumstance?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Have activity relationships and interdependencies within tasks been adequately identified?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Are software metrics formally captured, analyzed and used as a basis for other Shared Services or Shared Services Center project estimates?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: What are the channels available for distribution to the customer?
- Quality Management Plan: What are your key performance measures/indicators for tracking progress relative to your action plans?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Is documentation created for communication with the suppliers and vendors?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Based on your Shared Services or Shared Services Center project communication management plan, what worked well?
- Change Log: Is the requested change request a result of changes in other Shared Services or Shared Services Center project(s)?
- Cost Management Plan: Is Shared Services or Shared Services Center project status reviewed with the steering and executive teams at appropriate intervals?
Step-by-step and complete Shared Services or Shared Services Center Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Shared Services or Shared Services Center project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Shared Services or Shared Services Center project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Shared Services or Shared Services Center project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Shared Services or Shared Services Center project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Shared Services or Shared Services Center project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Shared Services or Shared Services Center project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Shared Services or Shared Services Center project with this in-depth Shared Services or Shared Services Center Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Shared Services or Shared Services Center projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Shared Services or Shared Services Center and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Shared Services or Shared Services Center investments work better.
This Shared Services or Shared Services Center All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.