Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Unified Communications and Collaboration Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Unified Communications and Collaboration related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Unified Communications and Collaboration specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Unified Communications and Collaboration Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Unified Communications and Collaboration improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- Are there reported differences in levels of electronic communication and collaboration by project managers working on virtual projects in a centralized PMO versus a decentralized PMO?
- What mechanisms should be in place to ensure that collaboration and communication among departments regarding potential compliance issues occurs in a timely and efficient manner?
- How might people participating in hackathons integrate service design methods to cultivate communication and foster collaboration for a successful implementation phase?
- Have you considered how best to ensure clear communications are maintained in the collaboration and how issues/challenges or successes/good practice can be shared?
- Does the enterprise need to evaluate the business case for Unified Communications based on productivity and perceived customer acquisition and loyalty attributes?
- How would it be if a day is dedicated for debugging various bugs, where the developers and testers sit together and work collaboratively towards resolving issues?
- Which service components in the plan phase includes developing and executing a project management program and managing information, resources, and change control?
- Which service component within the prepare phase helps customers make a sound decision by providing information relating to financial justification and benefits?
- What about the added customer satisfaction that comes from a shorter call, and the feeling of personalized service that comes from being recognized immediately?
- What imperatives are compelling the business to improve its handling of content, encourage better collaboration or communication, or raise productivity levels?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Unified Communications and Collaboration book in PDF containing 999 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Unified Communications and Collaboration self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Unified Communications and Collaboration Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Unified Communications and Collaboration areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Unified Communications and Collaboration Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Unified Communications and Collaboration projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Unified Communications and Collaboration Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Unified Communications and Collaboration project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Executing Process Group: What does it mean to take a systems view of a Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What does it mean to take a systems view of a Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
- Project Scope Statement: Is an issue management process documented and filed?
- Procurement Audit: Are there any complaints of the suppliers and/or end-users?
- Procurement Audit: Were no tenders presented after the time limit accepted?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: What action would you take to the identified risks in the Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
- Requirements Documentation: Have the benefits identified with the system being identified clearly?
- Requirements Management Plan: Will you use an assessment of the Unified Communications and Collaboration project environment as a tool to discover risk to the requirements process?
- Procurement Audit: Are contract changes after awarding properly justified and executed?
- Change Request: How many lines of code must be changed to implement the change?
Step-by-step and complete Unified Communications and Collaboration Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Unified Communications and Collaboration project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Unified Communications and Collaboration project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Unified Communications and Collaboration project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Unified Communications and Collaboration project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Unified Communications and Collaboration project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Unified Communications and Collaboration project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Unified Communications and Collaboration project with this in-depth Unified Communications and Collaboration Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Unified Communications and Collaboration projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Unified Communications and Collaboration and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Unified Communications and Collaboration investments work better.
This Unified Communications and Collaboration All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.