Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Voice Technology in the Enterprise Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Voice Technology in the Enterprise related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Voice Technology in the Enterprise specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Voice Technology in the Enterprise Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 992 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Voice Technology in the Enterprise improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 992 standard requirements:
- What are the costs of swapping out premises equipment as new technology and or new services are required, as adding voice, video, or higher bandwidth to accommodate a growing remote location?
- Have you lost sight of the primary role of the employee and sliced it into so many disparate roles that any cohesive impact by employees is being diminished?
- Will the technology require software updates in the future, and if so, what is the direct cost and does it include staff/vendor/consultant time?
- How important do you believe factors may have been in terms of influencing the decision of some beginning employees to leave the profession?
- Does the system integrate with supportive technology as interactive voice response systems that operate in multiple languages?
- Is a specific voice within a conversation that is relevant to you coming from an evangelist, a neutral, or a detractor?
- Are the vendors competing for your business selling on a direct basis, or through systems integrator/reseller channels?
- What is the strategic value of the self-service channel, and how does each platform support the goals of the business?
- Does the evaluation of employees fit with the program and does it also reflect the learning the employees should have?
- Will your organization be able to lure away a robotics engineer from a FinTech upstart using the current incentives?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Voice Technology in the Enterprise book in PDF containing 992 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Voice Technology in the Enterprise self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Voice Technology in the Enterprise Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Voice Technology in the Enterprise areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Voice Technology in the Enterprise Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Voice Technology in the Enterprise projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Voice Technology in the Enterprise Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Voice Technology in the Enterprise project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Activity Duration Estimates: Are actual Voice Technology in the Enterprise project results compared with planned or expected results to determine the variance?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is there general agreement & acceptance of the current status and progress of the Voice Technology in the Enterprise project?
- Schedule Management Plan: Have all involved Voice Technology in the Enterprise project stakeholders and work groups committed to the Voice Technology in the Enterprise project?
- Quality Management Plan: What process do you use to minimize errors, defects, and rework?
- Procurement Audit: How do you ensure whether the goods were supplied or works executed in time and properly recorded in measurement books and stock/works registers after inspection?
- Quality Audit: Health and safety arrangements; stress management workshops. How does your organization know that it provides a safe and healthy environment?
- Procurement Audit: Does the manual contain policies relating to all business management functions?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Have you eliminated all duplicative tasks or manual efforts, where appropriate?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Decision Log: How does the use a Decision Support System influence the strategies/tactics or costs?
Step-by-step and complete Voice Technology in the Enterprise Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Voice Technology in the Enterprise project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Voice Technology in the Enterprise project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Voice Technology in the Enterprise project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Voice Technology in the Enterprise project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Voice Technology in the Enterprise project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Voice Technology in the Enterprise project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Voice Technology in the Enterprise project with this in-depth Voice Technology in the Enterprise Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Voice Technology in the Enterprise projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Voice Technology in the Enterprise and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Voice Technology in the Enterprise investments work better.
This Voice Technology in the Enterprise All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.