Provide input (through lead consultant or directly) to Composition and Design consultants regarding any potential downstream constraints related to print stream manipulation activities.
More Uses of the COBOL Toolkit:
- Provide skill communicating with varied levels of staff and end users to develop positive effective working relationships and to establish credibility, trust, and confidence.
- Be accountable for consulting with business application owners to understand requirements in order to design and implement the best infrastructure solutions to meet needs.
- Develop and maintain application interfaces, reports, conversion programs, and custom functionality.
- Orchestrate: strict adherence to accepted standards for program and Job Design with an emphasis on maintainability.
- Ensure you lead the Problem Resolution process through analysis and troubleshooting, to deploying workarounds or fixes.
- Create Test Plans, Test Cases and perform unit, integration and parallel testing of all processes.
- Arrange that your business enables your customers to contact customers through digital and printed communication channels.
- Warrant that your corporation coordinates with the Scheduled Releases team, Configuration Management team, Business Analysis, Testing team, and business customers to accomplish work.
- Govern: true strategic partner and work side by side to develop the best solutions to bring your clients businesses into the future.
- Determine the training/process/culture change needed to create the sustainable culture/environment.
- Develop DevOps framework and implement standards, processes and controls for release and deployment automation.
- Determine and execute various management programs and services and ensure support to organization.
- Confirm your business performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit Test Plans to ensure requirements are satisfied.
- Be accountable for ensuring that requirements / use cases are fully understood and validated through robust testing.
- Be accountable for developing and designing COBOL and IMS programs to facilitate migration of legacy healthcare systems to modern cost effective and customer centric platforms.
- Provide design support during the construction, testing and Quality Assurance phases of the SDLC.
- Confirm your enterprise participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Initiate escalation procedure for incidents based on the agreed upon timelines and tracks it to closure.
- Use the Agile methodology to develop, implement, and test Features, User Stories and tasks.
- Develop plan for return on investment and prepare strategies to reduce operational risks and cost.
- Coordinate with off shore resources to do design sessions, Code Review, and quality checks.
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues, recommending alternative solutions.
- Ensure you engineer; lead in developing complex applications based upon technical and functional specifications.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected Customer Service levels.
- Lead the review of Test Plans and packages to ensure all design requirements are met.
- Manage work with other teams and IT support groups to establish necessary interfaces and ensure the solutions meet expected standards.
- Provide production support activities for applications in a mainframe environment using COBOL programming language in a mainframe environment.
- Provide effort and duration estimates associated with the analysis and design phase of the SDLC.
- Be accountable for developing program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Govern: implement and support release processes and release criteria and continue to implement feedback on the process.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical COBOL Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any COBOL related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated COBOL specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the COBOL Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which COBOL improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- Is the scope of COBOL defined?
- How can auditing be a preventative security measure?
- What is the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your COBOL project, should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
- What are the types and number of measures to use?
- How are you verifying it?
- Who is involved in the Management Review process?
- What is your organizations system for selecting qualified vendors?
- Among the COBOL product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
- Are COBOL vulnerabilities categorized and prioritized?
- Are there any Revenue recognition issues?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the COBOL book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your COBOL self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the COBOL Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which COBOL areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough COBOL Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage COBOL projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step COBOL Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 COBOL project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all COBOL project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the COBOL project team have enough people to execute the COBOL project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed COBOL project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete COBOL Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 COBOL project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 COBOL Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 COBOL project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 COBOL project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 COBOL project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 COBOL project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any COBOL project with this in-depth COBOL Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose COBOL projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in COBOL and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make COBOL investments work better.
This COBOL All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.