Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Hortonworks Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Hortonworks related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Hortonworks specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Hortonworks Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 998 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Hortonworks improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 998 standard requirements:
- Does the vendor provide fully featured integration with Big Data sources like Hadoop distributions and NoSQL databases, including visual design for ingestion, processing, & other workflow?
- How is it that a proprietary, predominantly on-premise enterprise software vendor generates more revenue from Big Data than all of the commercial Hadoop distributions combined?
- Are you considering any Logical Data Warehouse or Data Virtualization feature which would enable combined data and query from the DW and the Big Data?
- How will emerging technologies like AI, Machine Learning, IOT, Big Data, augmented reality, analytics etc will change the fabric of IT organizations?
- What does the term Big Data actually entail, and how will the insights it yields differ from what managers might generate from traditional analytics?
- How will Big Data change the way your IT functions; how will your business users approach IT for services and interact with enterprise data?
- What if you turn storage into an advantage for Big Data processing by exploiting its proximity to data and leverage useful data properties?
- Have you ever given any thought to modernizing your data management infrastructure to address Big Data, or improving business intelligence?
- How do you use Big Data analytics to make better-informed decisions that increase your business impact and improve savings performance?
- What is the collaborative relationship and reporting structure essential to bringing analytics, Big Data and data management together?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Hortonworks book in PDF containing 998 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Hortonworks self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Hortonworks Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Hortonworks areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Hortonworks Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Hortonworks projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Hortonworks Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Hortonworks project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Risk Audit: Do you have a realistic budget and do you present regular financial reports that identify how you are going against that budget?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: If a problem has been detected, what tools can be used to determine a root cause?
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group: How well defined and documented were the Hortonworks project management processes you chose to use?
- Project or Phase Close-Out: What is the information level of detail required for each stakeholder?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are actuals compared against estimates to analyze and correct variances?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Are there cosmetic errors that hinder readability and comprehension?
- Schedule Management Plan: Is Hortonworks project status reviewed with the steering and executive teams at appropriate intervals?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Is the Hortonworks project cutting across the entire organization?
- Cost Management Plan: Contractors scope Ð how will contractors scope be defined when contracts are let?
- Project Schedule: Why do you think schedule issues often cause the most conflicts on Hortonworks projects?
Step-by-step and complete Hortonworks Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Hortonworks project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Hortonworks project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Hortonworks project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Hortonworks project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Hortonworks project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Hortonworks project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Hortonworks project with this in-depth Hortonworks Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Hortonworks projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Hortonworks and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Hortonworks investments work better.
This Hortonworks All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.