Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical ISV Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any ISV related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated ISV specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the ISV Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 993 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which ISV improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 993 standard requirements:
- How does your approach address identifying issues and coaching your organization with regard to any cultural change that may need to occur to maximize the value of your investment in your product?
- Is it acceptable for the Software Vendor to reference the use of a new master software agreement in your response as the terms and conditions to be mutually agreed upon for a resulting contract?
- What are some example operational aspects of utilizing cloud services that you should be requesting from your cloud service providers, cloud software vendors, and from your own IT organization?
- Does your organization plan to deploy financial transparency and intelligence solutions as part of the open data initiative beyond just publishing the raw financial data on the portal?
- Does the software provide robust version control (to facilitate identification of most current version of regulatory and customer requirements, as well as tracking changes over time)?
- Are software quality activities performed throughout the software development life cycle to evaluate product and process compliance with plans, practices and implementing procedures?
- Do you know how important to your business each of your software vendors is, in terms of annual expenditure, planned investment and business criticality of the products used?
- Has your organization performed the reasonable credit analysis to evaluate the risk of adopting proprietary technology that may cease if the vendor becomes insolvent?
- Can the enterprise cancel maintenance and support on licenses if a decision is made to go to full-use licenses or a database product from a different software vendor?
- Why do software vendors and application software companies have Software Licensing Agreements (SLAs) that protect them from own software vulnerabilities?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the ISV book in PDF containing 993 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your ISV self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the ISV Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which ISV areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough ISV Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage ISV projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step ISV Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 ISV project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Activity Duration Estimates: What are the largest companies that provide information technology outsourcing services?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: What significant shift will occur in governmental policies, laws, and regulations pertaining to specific industries?
- Scope Management Plan: Were ISV project team members involved in detailed estimating and scheduling?
- Scope Management Plan: Are enough systems & user personnel assigned to the ISV project?
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that its staff have appropriate access to a fair and effective grievance process?
- Procurement Audit: Is the performance of the procurement function/unit benchmarked with other procurement functions/units in the different stages of the procurement process?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the limitations on pre-competitive range communications?
- Planning Process Group: What types of differentiated effects are resulting from the ISV project and to what extent?
- Scope Management Plan: What are the risks that could significantly affect procuring consultant staff for the ISV project?
- Project Portfolio management: Do you use specialized software to manage your portfolio of ISV projects?
Step-by-step and complete ISV Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 ISV project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 ISV project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 ISV project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 ISV project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 ISV project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 ISV project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any ISV project with this in-depth ISV Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose ISV projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in ISV and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make ISV investments work better.
This ISV All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.