Provide advice and counsel on policies, procedures, and practices related to administrative functions and Operations Management that reflect compliance, organizational policies, Standard Operating Procedures and best practice.
More Uses of the Enrollment Management Toolkit:
- Manage, monitor, and motivate direct reports to achieve established recruitment/enrollment targets.
- Assure your enterprise analyzes data trends in budget and fiscal operations supporting the preparation and execution of budget and committee meetings.
- Ensure your team leads, directs planning, coordinating and oversight of all organizational operational activities.
- Consult with affiliates and program partners to determine department programming that best meets needs.
- Establish that your group supports your organization with establishing and maintaining an effective learning climate in your organization.
- Pilot: conduct periodic customer health checks, alert internal team of renewal risk, collaborate on remediation to ensure a successful renewal.
- Identify: plan, organize and direct the activities of all appropriate service operations, and allocate personnel and resources to optimize departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
- Broaden your impact on the Government Affairs, External Impact, Marketing, Development, or Talent teams.
- Confirm your organization leads the collaboration in the development and execution of all strategic and tactical plans to achieve growth potential and optimal business partnership in each account.
- Ensure your organization deploys various software tools to your valued clients and employees for use in health care reform compliance, automated benefits enrollment, and other needs for automation.
- Make sure that your design develops Strategic Partnerships to continuously improve business relationships with customers to optimize growth potential.
- Establish and reach territory specific funnel targets for all start terms in coordination with Enrollment Management leadership Team.
- Compile facts and findings for use by managers and review policy in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manage: effectively contribute effective Problem Solving resolutions and innovations to standing Enrollment Management practices and processes.
- Lead creativity and flexibility in crafting enrollment strategies, while respecting your organizations identity, brand, vision, mission, culture, values and traditions.
- Oversee: creatively develop unique and innovative strategies on a yearly basis to maximize potential and to meet the enrollment goals of your organization.
- Ensure you produce; lead with expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, Policies and Procedures.
- Establish that your venture identifies membership growth, retention and expansion opportunities through analysis of customers Business Objectives, industries, and the dynamics of the health care market.
- Ensure you persuade; build working relationships with high level officials, administrators, employees and the public.
- Ensure you deliver; lead or support periodic in person or remote trainings related to partnership development and management.
- Analyze and evaluate strategic and targeted recruitment needs while generating creative and cost effective ideas to innovate recruitment strategy.
- Ensure all content is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice in the likeness of your organization and your organization.
- Are values are as follows; integrity, respect, responsibility, discovery, excellence, and community.
- Establish and maintain Effective Communication with organization personnel and with management.
- Provide proactive analytical and monitoring support to client focused account teams; diagnose and identify immediate improvement and up sell opportunities.
- Keep abreast with communication trends, especially as it relates to recruiting and retention.
- Identify and bring new programs to the online program that are consistent with mission and increase enrollment.
- Collaborate with cross functional peers to ensure that the voice of your customers is appropriately influencing product, design, marketing, and beyond.
- Warrant that your design identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing account sales plan objectives.
- Represent the long term volunteer programs department to affiliates and program partners by being knowledgeable of department goals, initiatives, and activities.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Enrollment Management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any Enrollment Management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Enrollment Management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Enrollment Management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Enrollment Management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- What intelligence do you gather?
- Who, on the executive team or the board, has spoken to a customer recently?
- How will measures be used to manage and adapt?
- Scope of sensitive information?
- Where is it measured?
- How do you decide how much to remunerate an employee?
- How will the Enrollment Management data be captured?
- What Enrollment Management coordination do you need?
- Who should receive measurement reports?
- Are all requirements met?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Enrollment Management book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Enrollment Management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Enrollment Management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Enrollment Management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Enrollment Management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Enrollment Management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Enrollment Management Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Enrollment Management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all Enrollment Management project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the Enrollment Management project team have enough people to execute the Enrollment Management project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed Enrollment Management project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete Enrollment Management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Enrollment Management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Enrollment Management Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Enrollment Management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Enrollment Management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Enrollment Management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Enrollment Management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Enrollment Management project with this in-depth Enrollment Management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Enrollment Management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Enrollment Management and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Enrollment Management investments work better.
This Enrollment Management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.