Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Project Portfolio Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Project Portfolio related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Project Portfolio specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Project Portfolio Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 975 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Project Portfolio improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 975 standard requirements:
- A PMO, while providing meaningful tactical help, will often be second-guessed by the senior management team, especially during hard times. the executives, always challenged to provide a better bottom line, will ask, do you really need this overhead? How do you manage this?
- New business opportunities tend to be opportunistic and very perishable (i.e., if not acted upon when the opportunity presents itself, it will be lost). This reality creates a major conflict. Do you want new business or do you want an improved system?
- Do you have early indication mechanisms for problems in specific projects or portfolios particularly those with the strongest link to your strategy so that leaders are able to make proactive and timely course corrections?
- If you am a resource, you want to know to what tasks you am assigned, and whether or not the already stated tasks are on the critical path or critical chain. When will the preceding resource be finished with its work?
- From your organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
- What is your spending on genuine new products versus product renewals (improvements and replacements), or product extensions, or product maintenance, or cost reductions and process improvements?
- Do you have an Information Sharing Agreement with another body that involves the collection, use, disclosure or storage or personal information? What is its impact on your Application Portfolio?
- Some managers believe that the more work you allocate to a resource, the more work you can get out of that resource. Why does Critical Chain advocate not overloading the strategic resource?
- Review the utilization of the project managers and the quality of the projects on which they work. Are the project managers working on the right projects in the order the customers need?
- If you have a hot new project, and you change priorities to initiate that new project, what will the impact be on your strategic resource and on other resources in your organization?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Project Portfolio book in PDF containing 975 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Project Portfolio self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Project Portfolio Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Project Portfolio areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Project Portfolio Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Project Portfolio projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Project Portfolio Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Project Portfolio project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Quality Management Plan: Is staff trained on the software technologies that are being used on the Project Portfolio project?
- Team Performance Assessment: To what degree will the approach capitalize on and enhance the skills of all team members in a manner that takes into consideration other demands on members of the team?
- Risk Audit: Does your organization have a process for meeting its ongoing taxation obligations?
- WBS Dictionary: Appropriate work authorization documents which subdivide the contractual effort and responsibilities, within functional organizations?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are software metrics formally captured, analyzed and used as a basis for other Project Portfolio project estimates?
- Project Schedule: Your Project Portfolio project management plan results in a Project Portfolio project schedule that is too long. If the Project Portfolio project network diagram cannot change and you have extra personnel resources, what is the BEST thing to do?
- Roles and Responsibilities: Be specific; avoid generalities. Thank you and great work alone are insufficient. What exactly do you appreciate and why?
- Quality Metrics: There are many reasons to shore up quality-related metrics, and what metrics are important?
- Change Management Plan: How do you gain sponsors buy-in to the communication plan?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Risk categorization -which of your categories has more risk than others?
Step-by-step and complete Project Portfolio Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Project Portfolio project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Project Portfolio project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Project Portfolio project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Project Portfolio project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Project Portfolio project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Project Portfolio project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Project Portfolio project with this in-depth Project Portfolio Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Project Portfolio projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Project Portfolio and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Project Portfolio investments work better.
This Project Portfolio All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.